Teachers Choice: Sixteen

Chapter 16.

"So you lied to me?"

A small smile plays at Kyles lips, "That depends on how you define lying."

"I define it as not telling the truth. How do you define it?"

"Reclining your body, in a horizontal position."

I roll my eyes and grin. "Yeah okay."

Silence fills the room.

"Well clearly our definitions are different."

My mom walks into the room and looks at Kyle and smiles. "Kyle, do you have any other friends?"

"Mom!"

He glances at me and then at my mom, "Me? I've got plenty of friends....on the internet."

"Oh so what I hear is you don't have any REAL friends." My mom blurts out.

************

Zoey sits next to me and puts her legs across me, "Guys do you want to go to the fair tonight?"

"Yeah, No, I'm good."

"No?" Kyle repeats.

"You wanna hear it in Spanish? I said no."

"And why not?" Zoey asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Fairs are scary at night. Those clowns are creepy as heck!"

They look at each other and laugh.

"It's not funny."

Zo smiles, "Come on Jordy."

"No!"

************

"I can't believe you actually forced me here. I'm walking back home, alone! So don't follow me." I turn around and start my way back.

Zoey crosses her arms over her chest, "Come on Jordyn, don't be a baby." 

"Fine, you want me to stay, I'll stay." I turn around head through the gates. once I got through I felt this horrible feeling in my stomach.

Kyle smiles and points at a clown coming towards us. I turned the other way and run into someone's back.

"I'm sorry." I apologize, as the person turns around.

"Oh hey, Jordyn." Mr. Evans smiles.

"Oh...hey"

"Where ya going?"

"Away from there."

"Why?"

"Cause...no reason."

"Come on tell me."

"There's a clown." I gulp.

He chuckles and I glares at freakish clown.

"That's cute."

"You must think everything's cute."

He smiles. "Because your cute." I grin and feel my face turn pink. "Do you feel like riding the ferris wheel, with me?"

I nod, "Yeah sure."

Moments later we were on our cart and it started to move up. The cart shook a little here and there, but every time it did I grabbed onto the cart. Mr. Evans put his arm around me and smiles. Once we were at the top the cart shook like crazy and started to tip on my side. I grabbed onto Mr. Evans arm and pushed myself closer to him. Our eyes met. He smiles and I smiled back. He put his hand on my chin and leans down and kisses me. I bite my lip and kiss him back. The cart started to tip and I held onto his arm. The cart got to the ground and we got off. Mr. Evans helped me down.

"Thank you."

He smiles, "You're welcome... so can I drive you home? If your ready."

I bite my lip and nod, "Yeah, thank you."