"....Panties..." Chapter Thiry Four.

Chapter 34. "....Panties..."

Two weeks later.

" You were having a panic attack. I used to get them after my mom died. Not fun, right?"

"Yeah...um thank you Kyle."

"For what?" He asks.

"For protecting me."

"You don't need to thank me. It's what friends do. I'm sorry about your elbow."

"It's okay, it's not your fault. You and Zoey are so alike."

He plays with my hair and starts to curl it around his pale, boney, finger. "About Zoey."

"Oh no. What did you do?" I ask.

"Uh, well we got into a huge fight last night."

"About what?"

"I know her and I haven't be dating that long, but I've loved her for so long. And it feels like her and I have been together for a long time. But she thought I was cheating on her! I would never do such a thing! And just the thought of loosing her. But it's not just a feeling though. It's....it's like having a panic attack. You know? Like I can't even breath."

"Kyle, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you two will get through it. Why did she think that?" I question.

"Well okay. I can totally see why she would have thought that. But she wouldn't even let me explain myself. I had a friend over, who I've known about five years or so now. You know, Alesha?"

"Yeah I do."

His hand landed on my knee as we look at each other. "Well I told Zoey I was going to have a friend over and she was honest and was totally fine with it. Well after awhile, we were on the couch watching a...chick flick." He whispers. "After half way into the movie she got on top of me and tried to kiss me, but I wouldn't let her, I was going to push her off, but then I didn't want to hurt her. Then Zoey walked in and started to yell...cause well...I guess Alesha took off her....panties." He whispers again.

"Oh, that's not good. Zoey hits, and she hits really hard. And then what?" I ask.

"And then Zoey saw the....panties...and she threw them at Alesha, then she hit her straight in the face and started to pull Alesha's hair! Which I have to say I was really turned on watching Zoey fight, like dude, she was so sexy, I just wanted to-"

"Ew! Enough information. On with the story."

"Right. Well once Alesha left. She started to yell at me more like "oh Kyle how could you do this to me. And I thought I could trust you. And stuff like that." He says mimicking a girls voice as he told me what Zoey said. "And then... She slapped me!" He squeaks loudly. " I told her That It wasn't want it looked like and then she called me a Manwhore, Bastard, and a asshole and she took off and drove home. I drove to her house. But no one would answer. I stood there for a half and hour, still nothing. So I went home."

"Whoa. Uh I'll try to talk to her?"

He smiles slightly and rubs my knee, " I really appreciate it. But this is on me. And I have to fix this."

"Alright. I'm sure she'll hopefully believe you."

"Me too. Thank you, Jordyn."

I smile as he hugs me gently and softly, "Oh, you're welcome, Kyle."

********
Kyle's POV

I drive back home and see my dad drinking coffee as he sits at the counter.

"Hey dad."

"Hi son. How's Zoey? Have you be able to talk to her about what happened yet?" He asks while spinning slowly around in his chair.

"No I'm going to change and then head over."

I run up stairs and change to black skinny jeans and a white v neck shirt and run back down stairs, grabbing the keys to my jeep off of the counter.

"Kyle, your in too deep. I don't think you two will be together for long."

"Dad! I believe we will, and so does Jordyn."

"Well I don't."

"You just don't believe....mom would have believed me." I walk out of the house and hop into the car and drive my way to her house.

Before I arrived the rain started to pour down. I didn't have my ceiling on my jeep so it got soaked. I knock on the door, standing in the pouring ran.

"What do you want Mr. Jackson?"

"Mr. Mahar, I would like to see your daughter."

He just stares at me like he was shooting daggers at my face, " I thought the two of you broke up?"

"Did she say we did?" I ask.

"It seemed like it from what she told me."

"May I please talk to your daughter?"

"Uh no." He slams the door in my face. I wasn't going to give up. I knock once more but no answer. I grab a rock and throw it at Zo's window. I saw a shadow like she was coming towards it. I see her looking down at me, I smile, then she closes her blinds. At this point I didn't know what to do. So I grab a bigger rock and throw it. Then the window cracked.

"Shit!" I yell.

Never saw her. I guess my dad was right. I turned around and start my way towards my flooded car.

"Your such a horrible person! How could you let the greatest thing that happened to you just leave!?" I mumble to myself.

"Kyle!"

I turn around and see Zoey, her hair already dripping wet.

"Zoey I'm so sorry! I-I, I didn't do anything back. I promise. I would never cheat on you. Zoey, you know I wouldn't." I say, taking her hands in mine.

She pulls her hands away and just stares at me with pain in her eyes, "Kyle! You can't say those things! They aren't true! I saw what I saw."

"Baby-"

"Don't baby me! Your the one that did this, and now, your too late.."

Those three words broke my heart into tiny little pieces. I felt as if the ground was collapsing below me.

"Zoey. Please. You have to believe me... I would never hurt you, I love you Zo."

"Y-you love me?" She questions.

"Yes Zoey. I love you! I would never do anything to hurt you! I never wanted to hurt you."

She runs up to me and places her palms on my cheeks, kissing me deeply. She wraps her legs around me as I hold onto her butt. The water dropping down her face as she looks at me, "I love you too, Kyle."