He nodded his head and went back over to where he was sitting. Mya came out dressed, and plopped down next me.

"What do you have planned today missy?" I sighed.

"Well Garrett should be here soon to pick me up. So I'm probably just going to hang out with him and take a trip to the hospital or whatever for a DNA test, you know. The usual. What about you?"

"Staci is taking us women to the mall, and her husband is going to chill I guess with the men."

"When did y'all plan this?"

"Yesterday while you were crying" I nodded my head.

"You gon come with me to my appointment when we go back to Rochester?" I asked Mya.

"Of course! That's my baby in there." I chuckled at her. We went on to talk about her and Darnell, but that was cut short with a call to my phone. Garrett was calling me.

M- Hello

- Come downstairs

M- Ok

I hung up the phone and said my goodbyes before leaving the hotel room and heading down to the lobby.

As I got off the elevator, this group of black girls got on while mugging me. I rolled my eyes and walked away. I walked into the lobby and looked around for Garrett. I found him and sucked in a deep breath.

He spotted me and smiled.

I didn't return the smile. I just walked over to him. When I got at least two feet away, I let the breath go.

"Hey"

"You ready to go?" I nodded my head and we started off towards his car. We stopped walking when we reached a silver Lexus."This you?" He nodded.

"Nice"

We got in the car and he started it.

"Where are we going?" He put the car in drive and before he pulled off he said the clinic.

*

We reached the clinic and walked over to the receptionist. "How may I help you?" The woman in the chair looked about 30. She had a beautiful dark complexion and had a British accent. Her hair was pinned up in a butterfly clip, with a few hairs falling as they please.

"We would like a DNA test" Garrett explained. She motioned towards the clipboard to the left of us.

"Sign in and someone will be right with you" I nodded and grabbed the clipboard. There was only 3 names on here, meaning that this should be quick. I signed our names, making it 4.

We sat down in the waiting area and waited for our names to be called. I sat down next to him and pulled out my phone.

Unlocking it, I tapped Tumblr on my home screen. While scrolling for a good two minutes I decided to ask him.

"Why did you leave yesterday?"He sighed and closed the sports magazine be had in his hand.

"I don't --" His excuse got cut short, by a short, chubby white woman in scrubs calling our names. We both stood up and walked over to her.

"Follow me" She led us to a room down the hall. I sat in one of the chairs and Garrett sat next to me. We were too close so I scooted my chair away from him. I caught him glare at me, but ignored it and looked away.

The nurse sensed a little bit of tension, so she decided to get to it. The doctor that came in after us, started to talk to the nurse.

"They're here for a DNA test" He nodded and fixed his lab coat as he sat down in the rolly chair.