Love Me Like You ~ Part Two

You nervously stood outside of Niall house, biting your bottom lip anxiously while you waited for him to open the door.

You had the chance to run, but you couldn't because you felt emotionally glued to the spot.

"Y/N, w-what are you doing here?" He stammered, blinking quickly, almost as if he had been crying.

"I- can I come in?" You asked, not knowing what you would say, but following your instincts.

He nodded, letting you in before closing the door behind him, a small sigh leaving his lips.

"Haven't you caused enough damage?" He asked quietly, in more of a saddened way, than a spiteful one.

"How do you mean?" You asked, even though you knew pretty well what he meant, you were stalling, hoping that his answer would bring you a response in what you should say.

"I think you know what I mean." He retorted, heading into the living room as you followed him.

"I'm sorry." You said, genuinely, but knowing that two words wasn't enough.

"I'm sorry that I put you through what I did, but it wasn't because I didn't love you."

"Then why was it?"

He had an idea of why you had left him, he knew you struggled with insecurities and he knew that's the reason why, but he asked anyway, letting his own insecurities known.

"It's complicated." You replied, sitting on his sofa, while Niall stayed standing up.

He was looking straight ahead, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed as he refused to pay you any eye contact.

"Niall, I find it hard to talk about why exactly - it wasn't an easy decision." I answered as he stayed silent.

"Your right though, I don't like Y/B/N very much. I already knew that, but how else was I supposed to move on? I felt so bad for going out with him at first, because I don't believe anyone deserves to be 'used' which isn't what I was trying to do, but it seemed like he was just using me, so there didn't seem much point in staying." You explained as Niall scoffed, shaking his head as his eyes watered.

In the time that you had been with Niall, you had never seen him so upset, so distraught over anything and it hurt you that you'd hurt him.

"I'm not here because of Y/B/N though, Niall. I left you because you deserve better and you deserve more. I'm not good enough for you and I felt as though you have more important things to worry about." I continued, knowing that I owed him an explanation.

"Don't ever say that, you were more than good enough for me, nobody else compares, Y/N." He snapped, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

"Niall, it's not just about that. There's a lot to it, you don't have time for me and you shouldn't have to make time either, you don't need something extra in your life right now, I'm too much of a stress." You replied, calmly.

"No, your not, your never a stress, it was work that was stressful." He argued.

"What we had was good, but I felt like it came at the wrong time." You said and he laughed, loudly.

"Don't give me that." He scoffed, now looking at me.

"We could've made it work, your perfect for me and you always were, your just scared." He mewled, his eyes watering as the blue in them dulled.

"Anyway, thank you for the explanation. If you could go now, it would be appreciated." He said, his voice cracking as he left the room.

You knew he didn't like crying in front of you when it came to your relationship. He found it embarrassing because even though he would cry if he was upset about something, he hated you seeing his tears when it was involving you.