Overprotective, but Caring ~

"Where are you going?" Niall asked you as you put your shoes on.

"I'm going to Y/B/F/N, like I told you a few days ago." You replied as he stood in the bedroom doorframe of your shared flat.

"Oh, that's today? Are you staying over night?" Niall questioned, with a pout.

"No Ni, I'll be back later." You laughed.

"Later? But it'll be dark later." He said, quickly, stopping you from going any further.

"Niall, I can make my own way home." You said.

"Y/N, I can't pick you up, my cars gone in for a service and I'm not going to let you come home in the dark, her house is a while away, how are you going to get back?" He asked, concerned.

"I'll get the bus back." You told him and he walked closer to you.

"The buses come a lot later at night time, you could be waiting at the bus stop for ages, I won't let you go." He said, sternly.

"You can't exactly stop me, she's my friend and I told you about this a few days ago, you didn't have a problem with it then." You said, raising your voice.

"That's because I didn't realise that it was the same day my car went in for a service. I didn't realise you were going to come home on your own when it's dark outside." He argued.

"I'm still going." You continued and he sighed.

"Can't you stay overnight? Then at least I know your okay." He said, his eyes holding the utmost concern.

"I can't, she has work early tomorrow."

"I still would prefer it if you stayed overnight." He said, firmly you rolled your eyes.

"Y/N, your sensible and I trust you, so I'm going to go and finish writing my song and when I come back, I trust that you'll do the right thing and stay in with me." He said, calmly, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I want you to be safe, you know you shouldn't be coming back late." He added, placing a loving kiss to your cheek before heading into the living room.

You knew he put music on when he wrote his songs for inspiration and you waited for it to come on, before opening the door and closing it quietly behind you.

You didn't want to go behind Niall's back, but you wanted to go out and you also wanted to prove to him that you do things on your own.

Catching the bus to her house, you arrived soon later and began your evening of movies together, having not seen her in a while, as you anxiously kept your phone near you the whole evening, to reassure Niall that you were okay if he rang you.

Niall's P.O.V:

Humming the tune of the song I had just written, singing some of the lyrics as I smiled, proud of what I had written.

I sighed, getting up and heading into the bedroom to go and look for Y/N, because she hadn't spoken to me since our argument earlier.

"Y/N?" I called, not finding her in the bedroom.

I searched the flat before realising that she had gone out.

She's gone out without telling me and she'd done it completely aware of how I felt about it and yet she still did it.

Anger built inside of me, but my concern for her well being was much stronger as I quickly dialled her number, having no response.

Next, I dialled Liam's number, hoping to get an answer.