Acceptance Stuggles Part 2 ~

You walked out of the restaurant, not knowing where Niall went as you worried about him. He hadn't gone home as his car was still parked up outside.

"Y/N?" You heard, quietly as you turned around to be faced with Louis.

"What do you want to insult me about now?" You sighed, feeling hurt at his previous words.

"I-I don't want to insult you. I'm not actually that much of a harsh person, or at least I hope I'm not. I just wanted to talk to you, if that's okay?" He said, calmly. His expression showing regret and hope.

"Okay, go ahead." You sighed.

"You don't think I'm a harsh person do you?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"No, I don't. Especially not with the amount of consideration and happiness that Niall speaks with whenever he talks about you or the rest of the boys." You said, no emotion evident in your voice as you didn't know what you were feeling right now.

He looked away in regret and you sighed, not wanting him to apologise if he didn't mean it.

"You don't have to apologise if you don't want to or if you don't mean it. I don't dislike you and neither does Niall. You have the right to your own opinion." You informed him.

"I know, but I want to because I do mean it." He spoke, genuinely.

"Alright, well, what is it you wanted to say?" You asked.

"Okay, well, you haven't done anything for me to dislike you, but I just wanted to make sure you were with Niall for him. It's nothing personal, but it's happened before to us and we haven't noticed it and we don't want that to happen to him. I guess were more protective over him." He explained.

"He seems so happy with you and I don't want him to get hurt or heartbroken if you were with him for his money or fame. I'm not trying to accuse you, I'm just saying that it's always a worry to us and to me." He added.

"I understand that. I'm not with him for his money or for the fame. I love him and I don't know where he is right now, which is worrying." You admitted as a flash of hurt was evident in his features.

"I know and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so harsh towards you, I should've talked to you and tried to get to know you more. Liam and Harry have only been a bit unsure about you because of what I've said about you and I'm sorry because I don't mean it. I can see you love Niall." He said, honestly.

"Then how come you've suddenly changed your mind about me? Not even half an hour ago, you were set on what your thoughts were about me." You asked.

"I didn't give you a chance before. I wasn't willing to give you a chance and I'm sorry. But I talked to the boys and they agreed to give you a chance and I wanted to too, for Niall and for you. I'm not saying I like you loads right now, but I certainly don't dislike you." He admitted.

"Well, thank you for that. I never wanted to come between you all as friends and I don't want you all to argue. I just wanted to be accepted." You said.

"I will accept you. Please, just give me time and a second chance?" He pleaded.

"Liam and Harry may have been unsure about you, but they weren't harsh to you like I was and I'm sorry for that, I really am." He spoke, taking a deep breath afterwards.

"Of course, you seem like a genuinely nice person and I'm sorry if I did anything to upset you. I think it's brave of you to apologise. Niall said your a stubborn person and it takes a lot for a stubborn person to apologise when they're in the wrong, so thank you." You smiled.

"Thank you, that's kind of you." He smiled back, genuinely.

"Y/N?" You heard and you turned around to be greeted by Niall.

"Niall, where have you been?" You exclaimed, wrapping your arms around his neck as his went around your waist.

"I've just been for a walk to clear my head, I thought you would have gone home." He whispered.

"I'll leave you two." Louis said quietly, beginning to walk away.

"No, I overheard you all talking, I hadn't left yet and I'm grateful that you defended me, but you didn't have to." You said.

"I wanted to, you didn't deserve the things that were said about you." He smiled, weakly.

"Louis apologised and said he would give me a chance, so please don't be mad at him." You pleaded subtly.

"It's okay, I heard. I came back for you and I overheard your conversation." He answered.

"I know you only wanted to be accepted, but I accept you and that's what matters the most. I accept you for who you are and I love you for who you are." He explained.

"I love you for who you are too. I really do, Niall." You said sincerely.

"I know baby." He smiled, leaning in to kiss you.

"Let's go home." He offered, after pulling away as you both got into Niall's car and went home.

For the next few times you met up with the boys, it was a bit awkward with Louis, but as weeks and months passed, you had become close friends with all of the boys, including Louis. Even though it had taken longer to become so close to Louis, it happened and he was the nicest person who's friendship you adored.

Finally, you felt like you had been accepted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here you go, part two, I hope you all enjoyed it, please let me know your feedback? Xx

Lauren<3