Making Time For What Matters ~ Part Two

You remembered it like it was yesterday. The stick that told you whether you were pregnant or not was sitting in front of you and before you knew it, the answer had been calculated.

Positive.

Five months later and you were sitting in the hospital with Niall, ready for the scan which would now tell you what gender your baby was.

Ever since the argument, Niall had been a gentleman, showing you how much he loved you every day and spending time with you alone, while your two year old daughter went to stay at one of the boys houses.

"Do you think it's a girl or a boy?" You asked Niall, while you waited for the midwife.

"I don't know baby, it's hard to call. But I want it to be a boy. Then I can teach him how to play football because Y/D/N doesn't seem to like it." He chuckled and you smiled.

"I think it is a boy, you know." You admitted.

"You do?" He asked.

"Yeah, well people say if your having a girl you can't usually tell from the back, but if your having a boy you can and you can see I'm pregnant from the back as well as the front." You laughed.

"Plus I feel like you can tell more than what you could with Y/D/N, so I feel like it's a boy." You added and Niall smiled, intertwining his hands with yours.

"Good Morning, Mr and Mrs Horan." The midwife smiled, entering the room as she began to set up the ultrasound scan.

"Are you both wanting to find out the gender today or would you like it to be a surprise?" The midwife asked.

"We'd like to know, please." Niall answered, giving you a soft smile and she nodded.

"Okay, well let's get started." She smiled, before placing the ultrasound on your stomach once she had all of her equipment set up.

"Well the baby looks healthy, which is a good sign." She commented, showing you your baby's heart and feet as they were visible on the screen.

You felt a kick to your stomach and the midwife gave a small laugh.

"It looks like your little boy loves football already." She told you and you looked over at Niall to see his eyes light up.

"Were having a boy." He whispered to you.

"Y/N, were having a baby boy." He exclaimed, with a smile.

"I know," you laughed and he shook his head.

"I can't believe it." He gushed as the midwife took the scanner off of your stomach.

Soon enough, you had left the hospital and you were back at home, with Niall's smile staying on his lips.

"Princess, do you know what this means?" He gasped.

"What?" You asked.

"Princess, when he gets older, I can teach him football, we can watch the football together and we can go to the games together. He might even meet some of the players one day!" He exclaimed, happily.

"The derby players, you mean?" You laughed and he scoffed.

"Of course, who else?" He joked, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I love you so much and I want you to know that once our baby boy is born, I will still make time for you like I have been doing for the last five months. When he's newborn, we might struggle to find the time, but I'll try, okay?" He said sincerely.

"Thank you, Niall. That means a lot to me and I'll try too. The last five months have been amazing and I'm glad that we can talk about things more often now." You said, with a smile.

"Mumma!" You heard your daughter call as the door shut and Louis walked in.

She wriggled in Louis arms, the excitement radiating off of her.

"She wants to know if she's having a brother or sister." Louis chuckled.

You had told your daughter that she was going to be having a baby brother or sister and you had told her that today, you would know which one you were having.

"Your having a baby brother, Litta." Niall cooed, Litta being her nickname for little. She was your little girl and Niall had come up with her nickname.

"Another Litta?" She asked, with a smile.

"Another Litta, only he's a boy." Niall answered.

She squealed happily, giggles escaping her lips.

"Uncle Lou, I'm having a boy!" She smiled as he set her down on the floor before she ran up to you, hugging your leg.

Louis chuckled, knowing that she hadn't yet learnt how to say her phrases right, but you knew what she meant.

"Don't I get a hug too?" Niall asked, with a pout as you picked her up, placing her on your hip.

"Why?" Niall asked playfully as she shook her head.

"Mumma made my Litta brother." She said and Niall raised an eyebrow at you.

You placed your daughter on the floor as she ran into the living room and Louis went with her.

"You couldn't have made him without me." Niall winked and you laughed.

"Niall!"

"I'm just saying, it takes two." He laughed before you both headed into the living room, finding Louis watching TV with your daughter.

You had a little girl and you were now having a little boy and Niall couldn't wait to watch the football with his son, without having you and Y/D/N complaining.

Six years later ~

"Come on! He could've had that goal!" Niall shouted at the TV as your eight year old daughter rolled her eyes.

"It's a stupid game." She commented.

"No it isn't!" Her brother, Y/S/N argued.

"That's right, son! I knew you'd be a derby supporter when your mum was pregnant with you." Niall smiled as you came to join him, sitting next to him as he kissed you before directing his attention back to the TV.

"Mum, tell them to put something better on." Your daughter whined and your son quickly grabbed the TV remote, siting in between you and Niall and away from her.

"No, mum don't make us do it!" He complained and Niall chuckled.

"Mum loves us too much to do that to us, don't you baby?" He cooed and you raised an eyebrow.

"Go on then, it can stay on." You said and your daughter groaned while the boys cheered.

"Thank you." Niall smiled before leaning in to kiss you.

"Gross! I'm trying to watch TV." Your son complained and you both laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi everyone <3

This is the final part for this, I hope you all liked it. <3

Lots of Love,

Lauren xx