Rumours ~

Would you readers prefer if I wrote in first person or third? <3

~~~~~~~

I put on my jacket as I began to walk home from work in the rain. I'd had a busy day and I was tired. All I want to do is get home and cuddle with Niall.

"Y/N, is it true?" A man with a camera asked as a small group of paparazzi surrounded me.

"Did you really say that about Niall?" Another asked as they began to take pictures of me as I tried to walk past them.

I ignored them, as Niall had told me to do so, although it was difficult when I didn't know what they were talking about.

"So it's true then? You really said you didn't love Niall?" Another man asked as I turned around, only to be greeted by the men and their cameras closer.

I stepped backwards away from them as I shook my head.

"Of course I didn't say that! Who told you all that?" I snapped, not believing some of the rumours that could spread.

"It's been all over twitter," one replied.

"Is it true?"

"Did you say that?"

"Why would you say that?"

Questions bombarded me. I was shocked, I'd been asked questions by the paparazzi before but I'd never been accused like this.

"I didn't say I didn't love Niall! I wouldn't say that, it's not true at all and you can put that in your article." I shouted as the paparazzi went quiet, only clicking their cameras.

They looked shocked, obviously more used to people ignoring them or not saying much as opposed to shouting at them.

"I'm sorry for shouting, I know your only trying to do your job but it's not true." I told them as I began to walk away.

"Have a good day Y/N." One of the paparazzi muttered as they let me walk away.

I walked home, entering mine and Niall's shared flat as I went into our shared bedroom to find Niall curled up on the top of the covers, looking at his phone.

"Niall, you know it's not true don't you, I wouldn't ever say that," I said as he looked at me, a look of hurt across his face.

"Well I didn't think you would, but how can I be sure?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Niall I do love you, I wouldn't say that and I haven't said that," I reassured him as he nodded.

"It's been all over twitter, what do you expect me to think?" He asked.

"I expect you to believe me and to trust me, there are always rumours going around and I expect you to at least give me a chance to explain," I told him as he nodded.

"I don't think you've said it, but I just need some space to think." He said.

"So what are you saying? Do you want me to leave?" I asked.

"No, you don't have to leave, just give me a bit of space that's all," he sighed.

"Okay." I said quietly as I left the room.

I stood outside of our shared bedroom, not knowing what to do or how to react. I sat down and brought my knees up to my chest, not quite knowing what to do.

I woke up the next morning only to be in mine and Niall's shared bed and not on the floor outside of our bedroom.

"Morning," Niall smiled as I turned around to face him.

"Morning." I muttered.

"I'm sorry I ever doubted you Y/N. I watched the video of you and the paparazzi yesterday that was on twitter and I read an article they had posted this morning." He explained.

"It's alright, I forgive you." I told him as he smiled.

"Thank you." He smiled.

"I love you and I should've believed you. It shouldn't have taken a video and an article for me to believe you. But I will work on my trust. For us." He said.

"It's alright, I understand. I love you too." I smiled, happy that this hadn't turned into an argument.

"What did the article say?" I asked.

"Here," he said, unlocking his phone and giving it to me.

The article showed the video of me and the paparazzi from yesterday before it read about what I had said.

"Y/N is very dedicated to Niall and she seemed that way yesterday, it shocked us to see how she got defensive when she was asked questions and she denies it being true." A source had said towards the end of the article.

"That must have been one of the paparazzi people," I said as Niall nodded.

I took to twitter to write a thank you to whoever it was who had stuck up for me.

Y/T/N:
Thank you to whichever paparazzi it was who stuck up for me in the article posted this morning. It means a lot x

"Your really sweet," Niall grinned as he kissed my forehead.

"So are you." I smiled.

"Come on, let's go back to sleep. I love you." Niall said, kissing my lips lightly.

"I love you too. I really do." I told him as he nodded.

"I know." He smiled.

~~~~~~~~
How did I do on this one?

Thank you to anyone who reads, votes and comments:) it means a lot xx

Lauren<3