New Years Kiss ~

"Y/N!" Niall called and you searched the crowd from where the voice came from before you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist from behind.

You squealed before hearing Niall's familiar laugh sound from behind you.

You turned around, seeing your best friend and smiling.

His hair was in a quiff, but it looked slightly messy and his nose was a rosy red colour because of the cold. His outfit consisted of black skinny jeans, a jacket with a grey jumper underneath it along with a pair of blue boots.

"Hey, Ni. I didn't know you'd be here." You told him and he shrugged.

"Well I wanted to see the fireworks, the London eye looks great when the clock strikes midnight." He chuckled.

"Since when have you been so interested in fireworks?" You asked and he bit his bottom lip, something he did when he was nervous.

"Well, it may have been an excuse to see someone here." He smiled, a blush setting on his cheeks.

"Oh?" You questioned, wondering if he was talking about you, being his best friend and all, or if he meant someone else.

"I'd rather not say who." He said, now chewing on his bottom lip.

You felt a pang in your chest at the thought of Niall liking someone and them being here, but you smiled anyway.

"Oh, is it a girl?" You pressed, being his best friend, he probably thought you wanted to know the details, but in actual fact you had dreaded the day he got a girlfriend, considering the fact that you were in love with him.

"Yeah it is, but she's-"

"Hey! I didn't know you guys would be here." A familiar voice interrupted as Liam stood next to you.

"Oh, hey." You smiled.

"Y/N, hey!" Sophia exclaimed, giving you a hug.

"Hi." You smiled before turning your attention to Liam who was now stood next to Niall.

"I know why your here." He smirked as the blush on Niall's cheeks only grew.

"Stop it, Li." He retorted, earning a chuckle from Liam.

"Have you told her yet?" He asked and you felt another pang in your chest at the thought of Niall telling someone else of his feelings towards him.

"Not yet, I'll do it later, now please change the subject." He growled and Liam laughed.

"Alright, alright, but there's only half an hour left until New Year. She needs to know that your pining for her." He told him.

"Excuse me, I need to just go somewhere." You told Sophia.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, concerned.

"Yeah, everything's fine, but I just need to do something." You said, sending her a quick smile before walking into the crowd.

Despite being here alone, you'd rather do that than be around Niall and whoever his new girlfriend might be.

Scanning the crowd, you noticed a lot of pretty girls and wondered who he liked and if you knew her. It just hurt to know that you were so madly in love with him and yet he liked someone else.

As the night went on, you stayed away from Niall, noticing Liam in the crowd, looking around and you somehow managed to walk away so he couldn't see you.

It was almost like playing hide and seek with them, which would be funny if it was, but right now, you were feeling sad and knew you would be celebrating New Years alone again.