Love Hate

Niall's P.O.V.

I tapped my foot nervously as I sat at the table in the restaurant, the quiet chatter of the boys from beside me adding to my nerves.

I don't know how she managed to do this to me, but she has. Y/N makes me nervous, but no one knows. No one accept me and it's bubbling up inside of me so much that it makes me angry.

"Do you mind?" Harry laughed, bringing me from my thoughts as I looked down to see that I had been tapping my foot against his leg.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologised, moving my foot out of the way.

"What's wrong, mate?" Liam asked and I shrugged.

"Nothing, I was just thinking." I replied.

"About what?" Louis pressed.

"About...stuff." I answered, in an untactful way.

"I think Niall's loosing his nerve and soon enough he's going to admit to us that he likes Y/N." Louis teased.

"I don't like her at all, I don't even know why you invited her to come." I scoffed, knowing she could be here any minute, but also knowing that that was just an excuse to hide my feelings.

"Come on, Niall, don't be like that. Where's your sense of humour?" Harry smirked, nudging my shoulder with his elbow.

"It's gone on holiday." I retorted, sarcasm in my words as he laughed.

"Niall, don't be mean to her. She's our friend."

"No, Harry, she's your friend, not mine." I argued.

"Why not? I don't know what your problem is with her." Liam added.

"I just don't like her, she's annoying and she's far from interesting." I commented.

My words were harsh, but they were a cover up. What I actually mean is, I do like her, she's beautiful and she's so intriguing when she talks, but she is also annoying. Annoying because I can't get her out of my mind and all she ever seems to do is make me nervous, which only seems to make me snap.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm behaving this way. I should admit to the boys that I like her and ask her out like other people would, but it seemed simple for me; she was too good for me. She wouldn't go out with me and the boys would only tease me, so my guard stayed high and bolted.

She could easily break that guard, but I couldn't let that happen.

"Hey Y/N!" Louis called, standing up from the table, bringing me out of my thoughts.

She looked beautiful, dressed in a red laced dress that came to mid-thigh, along with some black heels. Her hair was curled and her makeup was minimal, which only made me more insecure, which also happens to change my attitude to snappy mode.

It seemed natural, a feeling I couldn't control because that's how she made me feel. Nervous and knocked off my self-control, so this seemed like the only way to keep it.

"It's good to see you." She smiled back, hugging Harry and Liam and waving at me before awkwardly sitting down on the end next to Louis, opposite to me.

We were seated in a booth; Harry opposite of Liam and next to me on my left, along with Louis who was now in the middle of me and Harry and then Y/N.

"Hi Y/N, you do realise your ten minutes late, don't you?" I started, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Why does it matter? She's here now." Liam chipped in, a nervous tone to his voice, almost as if he was afraid I would kick off.

"She left us all waiting for our meals, don't you think that matters?" I retorted.