Hospitals ~

Niall's P.O.V:

I walked into the place that had now become familiar to me, somewhere I had been coming for the past month.

I had been called to say that Y/N had woken up. After the accident she had been unconscious for the past month and I had been by her side, holding her hand every single day.

I had gone home to take a shower and to change my clothes when I got the phone call to say she had woken up.

"Hi Niall, how are you doing?" The nurse asked, an older lady who had been so kind to me this past month.

She had comforted me while I cried by Y/Ns bedside and she was so lovely to everyone she meets and I smiled. If there weren't people like that in the world, it would be a much harder place.

"I'm okay, I'm happy that Y/Ns woken up, but I'm just a bit nervous." I admitted.

"Why are you nervous dear?" She asked, concerned.

"What if she doesn't remember me? The doctors said she should do, but it's not guaranteed." I explained, expressing my worry as the nurse chuckled.

"Niall, you are the first person she asked for when she woke up." She said, reaching up to rub my arm soothingly.

"She did?" I exclaimed.

"Yes Niall, she did. She woke up and she burst into tears and when I asked her what was wrong, she asked where you were and I told her that you were on your way and she calmed down. She was worried you'd left her, bless her." She explained, with a smile.

"Oh, no, I would never do that." I said, shaking my head.

"I know that darling, I can tell. Now come on, let's get you into that room to see her, she's been feeling lonely ever since she woke up." She said, leading me towards her room.

She opened the door and I looked in the room to see Y/N looking around, her expression showing confusion as her eyes watered.

"Y/N, there's someone here who wants to see you." The nurse smiled as she turned to look at me.

"Niall?" She asked, her voice cracking.

"Hey, hey. No need to cry princess." I told her, heading straight over to her and taking a seat next to her on the bed.

The nurse left as I held Y/Ns hand, comforting her as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Baby, don't cry. I would never leave you, I-I was afraid you would forget who I was." I told her and she shook her head.

"Niall, I thought of you as soon as I woke up and when I realised you weren't here, I panicked. I remember the accident and what happened and the last thing I thought of was the fact that you were busy and you snapped at me." She sobbed as I held her hands tightly.

She's right, I was busy and I had snapped at her. The day it happened she had tried to talk to me all day and I had hardly spoken a word to her, too engrossed in writing a new song and the last thing I remember is snapping at her. She left and that's when I received the phone call.

"I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry that I wasn't there and that I snapped at you before I left. I haven't forgiven myself this past month and I have been here, by your bed side every single day." I told her, beginning to cry with her as I inched closer to her, being careful not to touch any of the wires that were attached to her.

"You stayed? Every day?" She questioned, looking up at me as I laid down next to her.

"Every day and I only ever left your side to go home and have a shower and a change of clothes before coming right back. I never left to get food or anything else because to me, you were more important. I wouldn't have showered or got changed if it wasn't for the nurses telling me to." I said, sniffling and she giggled.

"You've always been stubborn." She laughed and I smiled.

"So have you, that's how we got into this mess in the first place. You didn't give up on trying to talk to me and I didn't give up on writing my song, so I snapped and you left." I said, sobbing over the memory as she reached her hand up to rub my back.

"Shhh, it's alright. It's over now, I forgive you and I just need you to be here for me. I know you have been for the past month, but I need you to stay by my side. Promise me you will?"

"I promise I'll stay by your side for as long as I can." I told her, sincerely.

"So you didn't get fed up of me? Even before this happened?" She asked and I shook my head quickly.

"No of course not, I love you so much, but I let work and my stubbornness get in the way and I'm sorry."

"It's alright, I love you too." She said, weakly.

"Maybe you should get some rest, I'll be here for you." I reassured her and she smiled, squeezing my hand as she intertwined our fingers together.

"Promise?"

"Pinkie promise." I smiled, holding my other hand that wasn't attached to hers out as she did the same.

"Your my princess, my one and only, no one else is and I would never leave you." I whispered, placing a delicate kiss on her forehead as she relaxed.

I promised my princess that I would be there for her; and I was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If anyone has any requests, please inbox me and I will reply when I can :)

Thank you so much to each and every one of you for your support on this book and for 1K followers! <3

Lauren<3