Second Chances ~

"I'll be there in a minute." You told your friend and she nodded.

"Y/N?" James, the security guard called.

"Yeah?" You asked.

"Don't be long, your on stage in twenty minutes." He explained and you nodded before running into your dressing room and closing the door.

Things had been hard for you these last two months and your performances on stage with your three best friends was the only thing currently keeping you going.

Being in a girl band was stressful, but it took your mind off of your split with Niall for a while and you were grateful for that.

The two of you had been together for five years and you had been married for two, so the break up didn't exactly come easy.

Shuffling the divorce papers to the back of your dressing table, your shook your head, trying to forget about them for a while as you didn't think you could face Niall to give them to him.

"Y/N?" A voice asked and you jumped before turning around to be met with the familiar blue eyes you had become accustomed to know for the past five years.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, your voice shaky as he was seated on the sofa in your room.

"I-I'm here to see you Y/N." He stammered, his blue eyes usually sparkling and so full of happiness, were now duller and overflowing with water, as if he was about to cry.

"Why? We broke up, surely you shouldn't want to see me." You retorted.

"No I don't want to see you really because it's been so hard without you and it's took me two months to pull myself together and come over here, despite my fear of rejection." He explained.

You looked at him confused, looking at the papers on the dressing table that you had drawn up, ready for him to sign.

"What are those?" He questioned, looking at you with wide eyes and you felt bad, knowing you were about to tell him they were divorce papers, but at the same time, you ended your relationship in a mutual agreement that things weren't working anymore, so maybe he wouldn't mind too much.

"They're divorce papers." You admitted, quietly and he stayed still, his eyes blinking slightly as he took in what you had said.

"Divorce papers?" He repeated and you nodded, shyly.

"Why do we have to get divorced?" He asked, as if you had been together for the past two months and as if nothing had happened between the two of you.

"Niall, we split up two months ago and we both agreed that there was no going back, so you should have been expecting them at some point." You replied.

"I didn't agree actually, I just went along with it because it seemed to be what you wanted." He sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair.

"No, Niall, you agreed and you didn't even try and fight for me, so don't try and blame this all on me." You argued, raising your voice slightly.

"Yeah? Well maybe that's because I wanted what was best for you, Y/N. I knew you were tired of me and I didn't want to make you stay with me when you were clearly unhappy." He retorted, standing up abruptly and heading over to stand in front of you.

"Niall, I was unhappy because you didn't try, but it seemed to me as if you didn't want to when you let me go so easily." You said calmly, letting out a shaky breath as tears began to form in your eyes.

"It wasn't easy for me! It was the hardest thing I had ever had to do!" He shouted and you scoffed.

"So what took you two months to come and tell me all of this then? Because you knew I was hurting over you and yet if you felt the same, you would've been here." You snapped and he shook his head, tears threatening to leave his eyes.