Derby Game Romance ~

This one was requested by @Caitlyncorby22 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is a great spot," Niall commented after you both sat down.

Today, Niall had taken you to your first derby game and you were excited to see what it was all about and to support them with Niall, who adored them.

"Yeah it is," you smiled.

"This is going to be one of the best games I've ever been to, I hope it is anyway," he said, mumbling the last sentence in your ear.

You looked at him as he sat nervously, playing with his fingers as he found them a more interesting entertainment than the people around him.

"Why? What's wrong?" You asked, noticing he only ever acted this way when he was nervous.

"Nothing, it's going to be great," he laughed, nervously as he began to bite his fingernails.

"Niall, your nervous, I can tell. Is there something wrong?" You continued.

Could he be this nervous about whether derby county win or not? I'm sure he's never been like this before when he watches it on the TV. Unless it's because he's actually here and he's not just watching it on the TV. You thought.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it, I just hope that this will be the best first derby game for you." He said, snapping you away from your thoughts as he took your hand in his.

"So, your nervous for me?" You asked, confused.

"Well, yes...and for me," he muttered and you knew there was something wrong.

You went to reply when the derby game kicked off and the players came out, everyone began to cheer and with the loudness of the crowd, you knew this conversation would have to wait until after the match.

Half time soon came and before you could turn back to talk to Niall again, you were interrupted by an announcement.

"Hello everyone, were thankful that you have all come to see both teams play, but there is also something else special happening today over in the section for derby county supporters," a man announced and you looked at niall and he smiled at you.

"Niall Horan has a special announcement to make for his girlfriend Y/N and he wanted to do it here so can we please have quiet in the stadium, thank you." The man continued as Niall stood up.

"Y/N, I know not everyone can hear what I'm saying because I don't have a microphone, but I didn't want to embarrass you as much as I had to, so here goes," he said, taking a deep breath and getting down on one knee.

"I want to take a big step with you and marry you because I love you so much and I feel like everything is right when I'm with you and how it should be. So Y/N, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife and marry me?" He asked.

"Yes! Yes I will marry you!" You exclaimed, as he got up, sliding the ring on your wedding finger and pulling you in for a hug as the rest of the crowd clapped and cheered, clearly knowing what was going on.

"Niall has just proposed to his long term girlfriend Y/N and she said yes! Congratulations and we will continue with the game shortly." The man announced through the speakers again before the game went back to getting ready to play.

"This was the best derby game I've ever been to and thank you so much for making it the best day ever." You smiled, holding Niall's hand as he pulled you in for a kiss.

"Thank you for saying yes, I don't know what I'd do without you." He said after he pulled away.

"I love you," you said.

"I love you too."

Soon after the match you had a lot of football supporters coming up to you and congratulating you on your engagement as you tried to comprehend what had happened. You were engaged to be married to the man you loved and you were more than excited.

~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you all enjoyed this one and please give me feedback :) I love you all and thank you for the success you have all given me on my books<3

I hope this one wasn't too short<3

Lauren<3