52- preparation.

Tessas outfit^^
"Ellie, what even is this?" I squeal, as she rubs something on my face.

"It's called foundation!" She replies. "Now shut up and eat your pears," she orders and I roll my eyes, laugh but do so, placing another slice in my mouth, making my mouth water even more.

After blending in my 'foundation', she adds powder, and blush, and I wonder how she knows all of this.

So I ask her.

"I have two sisters, both older, I learnt some crap over the years," she laughs and so do I.

"Fair enough," I say, and she nods.

"Now, this is the tricky bit, and you can't freak out, because you will probably loose an eye," she says and I just stare at her.

"An eye?!" I scream and she bursts out laughing.

"Not literally, it would just hurt a little," she explains, giggling.

"Oh... right, just pin me down and apply what ever it is," I say, and she actually does. It's over in a few minutes, and I feel it as she applies mascara to my already long lashes, I guess she fills in my eyebrows, but only lightly, and draws on eye liner.

I feel as she takes a step back and lets out a satisfied breath.

"Finished," I open my eyes slowly, to see her grinning.

"You look gorgeous," she says, and I struggle to contain the blush from creeping up my neck.

"I went from a more natural look, seeing as we are going to the fair, and don't want to seem to fancy, wanna look?" she asks nervously, and I hesitantly nod, though I'm excited.

I get up and walk to the mirror, my legs shaky.

I haven't worn make up in years. My mum used to make me wear it, because she wanted me to be girly, but after time I just became uncomfortable with it, and refused. She hated me for it.

But this time, as I look in the mirror, I don't feel uncomfortable. I don't know how to explain it. I trail my eyes all over my body. I look at my new, beautiful outfit I bought last Saturday with Ellie, and I trail over my face. I look like me, but I don't, and it's impossible to explain.

It's my face, but prettier, I'm more confident. I look at myself, and I can only smile. My extended lashes bat, by eye liner is in perfect lines, and my eyebrows aren't too filled in, they look natural, and it's very satisfying.

My lips are a delicate, pretty pink, and I almost tear up.

But instead I just turn and hug ellie, tight, so tight.

"Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I feel... I just, I don't even know, thank you so much," I say into her shoulder.

"There's no need to thank me, you deserve it," she mumbles into my loose hair.

She takes a step back and grins at me. I grin back.

"Now let's do something with these beautiful blond locks!"

*

The door bell rings and I jump. They're here.

All the boys went to Calum's to get ready, though only Ashton and Luke have dates.

"Come in!" Ellie yells, applying on last layer of mascara before turning to me.

We both hear the front door open and we send each other nervous smiles.

"Come on, don't worry, Luke will love it," she says but somehow I'm unsure.

And I am worrying. More than anything. My palms are sweaty, my stomach is ridden with butterflies and my heart is hammering in my chest.

"lets go," we step out the room and begin to descend down the stairs.

*LUKE POV*

Nervously, I fiddle with my flannel sleeve, feeling under dressed after hearing how much effort girls put into themselves for today.

"It'll be fine, bro, don't worry," Ashton whispers, though I can hear the anxiousness in his voice.

I roll my eyes, but that's when I see her.

Her slim, shaky legs walking shyly down the carpeted staircase, her feet concealed by quirky heels. My eyes travel up her legs to see her outfit. A black skirt. A skirt.

My beautiful girl in a skirt, and suddenly everything flies out the window, it's the most beautiful thing I've seen. Her top is long sleeved and floral, she has a cute scarf wrapped around her long neck, but that's when she finishes descending down the stairs and stops before me, and I see her face. Her stunning face.

I've never seen her wear makeup, and frankly I never thought she needed any, she didn't get spots, her lashes were already long and delicate and her skin was pail and perfect, like porcelain. Her kissable lips are coated in a think layer of lip gloss and until now, I didn't think she could ever get more beautiful.

I've never been rendered speechless before this moment, but at least now I know what it feels like. I keep pulling my mouth open to say something, but I can't find words to describe her elegance.

So I just lace my arms around her waist and pull her into me. She smells like flowers and honey and I love it.

"You're so beautiful," I whisper, my voice failing me.

"I feel like we're in a fairy tale," she responds softly.

"Well you're my princess," I say.

"And you're my prince,"

*

THIS WAS REALLY SHORT AND SHITTY I'M SORRY I DIDNT HAVE TIME AND I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT HTIS HAS 1K READS AND THAT'S INSANE TYSM ILYASM AGHHH I COULD CRY.

I JUST

UGH