18- Oh, my girl.

hiya! this is going to be a short lil' chapter, just cause i wanted to double update because i'm a lovely human being... and this is set the day after the dinner and everything with Tessa:))

*Luke Pov*

have you ever experienced a night mare, and it's scaring you, petrefying you, but you can't wake up, and no matter how hard you struggle to open your eyes and run away from the horror, you can't. 

that's what it's like now. 

i don't know how long I've been like this, but i know every second is longer than the last, and every minute drags me a long closer to insanity. 

with all the thought running around my head, the most prominent one is that i need to wake up. 

i need to wake up, come to my senses and see my friends. 

I've had various visitors, I've even had Clary, which is slightly strange, because though we spend a lot of time together in our group, we never really talk. 

they've all been talking about the same things, and it only makes me want to scream, because it makes me want to awaken even more. 

I've had all the boys, and Tessa a few times, which has only been torturous. 

the first time was when i was aware of what the time was, and it was pretty soon after i'd come into the coma, and she visited me, she hardly talked to me, but i felt a hand through my hair which i could only assume was her, and she played a playlist we'd listened to a week before, down an empty park when it was just us. 

we came back to her place after school, and he stayed until late. it was around 11 when we went to the park nearby, it was empty, and we lay down, our heads slightly inched close together, one earphone in my ear and the other in hers, both plugged into her phone, she whispered to me it was her favorite playlist in a drowsy voice. 

she fell asleep. i didn't. i couldn't. 

as i carried her in my arms, the street lights above us shining down on the dark street, i looked down at her pale face, and told myself it was the best night ever. 

because it was just us two, us two, and when it was that way, we could take on the world. we could do anything if it was just us. because we didn't care. 

but now i'm here, the last time having seen her i ruined everything, but in some ways i'm convinced i didn't, because if i really had, she wouldn't be visiting, maybe we still have a chance. 

*

"err- hi Luke," a male voice says, and i recognize it anywhere, because he's one of my best friends. it's my dimpled faced, curly haired, friend, Ashton. 

oh, what i'd give to say hello back. 

"i don't know if you can here me or not, but it's been a while now, almost 3 weeks, we all miss you a lot," he stops and i hear him sigh. "especially- especially Tess, she's err.. not doing so well, she misses you. a lot. she's done some stupid things, and i really want you to wake up soon," 

if it was possible, i know i would sob, because to hear Tessa's name alone breaks my heart, but to hear she hasn't being to well, and i can almost guess the stupid things she's done. 

oh, my girl. 

"apart from that, we're alright though, all concerned about you and Tessa, but okay.. me and Ellie are good, and i even think Michael and Clary have got together or something, which is kinda weird but cool.. uhhh, what else?" he asks himself. "it's also one day away from winter break, which is cool, i guess, you've basically missed most of this part of the year," he laughs sadly. 

how i wish i could open my eyes and see his grin. 

i ear him stand up and him sniffle as his chair groans  against the floor. 

"just.. wake up soon bud, we miss you, and we all want you by Christmas." i feel him touch my shoulder again before walking away. 

my heart drops because his sadness had added to my frustration and i feel like screaming. 

i need to be there for tessa, and for christmas. 

i need to see my friends.  

i need to wake up.

*

hope you enjoyed:)