34- i'm not alright.

*Tessa's Pov, week later*

It's been one week now, one week and I haven't talked to absolutely anybody. I'm glad to say it's Monday. Not.

I walk to school, the light rain frizzing and causing ringlets in my blond hair.

Somehow I'm reasonably calm today; well, as calm as someone with like five mental illnesses can get.

But as the sound of my feet padding along the damp, empty concrete implodes and the lapping water beside me rings in my ears, I feel oddly contempt.

Maybe Dr. Fall was right, maybe it will work out in the end, maybe it'll all be okay.

Despite this weekend being the loneliest in forever, I seem hopeful.

Though I still hate all this, I can see it working slightly, me becoming more independent.

I just can't wait till it's all over, and everything will be back to normal.

As I walk through the doors into school, I immediately register something is wrong.

My stomach drops, and as I walk down the corridors. Everyone looks at me, whispering to their friends, I clench my jaw and swallow harshly, as I proceed to my locker.

When I do, I don't have trouble noticing it.

One word is spray painted over my locker in harsh, pink writing.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I was wrong, oh so, so wrong. This day isn't going to be good. This week isn't going to be what I thought, and I don't even know what's wrong with everyone yet.

With shaky hands I type in my locker combination, luckily, today into everything falls out.

I retrieve what I need for history class that I have first, and walk as quickly as I can to class; I almost fall over as someone grabs my arm and yanks me back.

It's Ashton.

I go to carry on walking, in no mood for conversation, no mood for anything right now.

There's a look in his eyes that makes me stop.

"Don't believe them," he says in a rush and my eye brows furrow in confusion.

"Believe what?" I ask and he looks taken back.

"Oh, eerrr... nothing," he says and smiles nervously.

"Ashton, tell me. Now." I say in a stern tone I'm not sure I was aware of before.

"Oh god," he scratches his neck. Why do boys do that so much? "W-well, there's been these rumors, that... that Lu-Luke hooked up with... uhm, Morgan, like over the weekend," he says and I take a sharp breath.

"it's not true, he was with us the whole time," he blurts and I'm close, so close, too close, to tears and I'm trying to hold them back, but I just shake my head, shove him off me and carry on walking to my class.

I really can't take it right now.

I walk into my class, and I'm slightly late. I feel eyes on me, and I really don't care; right now, all I can focus on is not crying and not punching Morgan in the eye for the evil grin she's sending me.

"Tessa, would you like to explain why you're late to my class?" Sir asks me.

"No." I say bluntly settling into my seat, my bad, rebellious mood deciding to show today.

"I beg you're pardon," he says and I role my eyes.

"I said no," I say and it's the first-almost-sentence I've said in a week.