[41]

2 days after the performance.

Buzz: "Wow! That was fast!"

Agnes: "I know, right? I didn't win the show but I met her. I mean, Barbara freaking Williams standing right in front of me and offering me aid to my ankle as well as a position in the Swan Lake! Can you believe that?"

Buzz: "I'm not into these dancing things, twinkle toes. But yeah, I can't believe it."

pause

Agnes: "I'm so glad I got rid of those spies. They were getting on my nerves!"

Buzz: (Laughs) "That pixie-hared one- OH MY GOD!"

Agnes: "Ha ha! I know! Typical Rachel! She would've made a great show!"

Buzz: (chuckles) "Yeah well. I'm also glad you got rid of them."

Agnes: "Hmm." pause "Kari came to my show."

Buzz: "She- did? I thought she had a date with Travis. He was gonna propose to her."

Agnes: "Yeah well. She was here with Travis and they both came to congratulate me backstage after you went. And speaking of proposal, not to mention or something, but I think I saw a ring sparkling in Kari's finger."

Buzz: "Ohh!" pause "Well that explains a lot."

Agnes: "A lot! And she invited me to hang out with her at the mall. Girls day out or something."

Buzz: "Ah dude! It's time she's getting girly again. I'm starting for feel sorry for Travis in advance."

Agnes: "Hey! That's rude! Don't be a grandpa! I'm having a feeling that it's gonna be great. Actually great."

Buzz: (mutters) "Argh girls!" pause  "Hey by the way, thanks for telling me about that ring part. She's been pulling my leg with these freaky texts, huh. Now I'm gonna pull hers!"

Agnes: (chuckles)

Buzz: "AND DON'T YOU DARE TELL HER, TWINKLE TOES!"

Agnes: "Alright! Alright! Calm down, buzzard!" pause "Kari is- she's really great."

Buzz: "Yeah. My best friend. And I still can't fathom how they managed to make it to your show. Hey, speaking of making it, I saw your mother there. She seemed-well..."

Agnes: "...proud." pause "She was proud of me. When we came back, she apologized for what she did to me and said that it was some irrational fear."

Buzz: "And what did you say?"

Agnes: "...I told her I wanted some time to see whether she really meant it or not. But that doesn't mean I've grown harsh on her. She my mom and I love her a lot."

pause

Agnes: "Seemingly, everything around me, around us, is... getting back to normal. The sea is getting a bit shallow every day until soon we could just...not live in a fear of drowning."

Buzz: "..."

Agnes: "Buzz..."

Buzz: "..."

Agnes: "You're gonna make it. I believe in you." 

She reached out her hand and pulled his fingers into hers and he squeezed her hand in return.

Buzz: "Yeah, I'm starting to think that too. I mean, there still chances, right?"

Agnes: "Yeah. There are."

Buzz: "All those time, I never had a reason to live for. But if I don't make it, at least I'll know that I found reasons to die for. My family. My friends. You."

Agnes: (chuckles)

pause

Buzz: "Feeling comfy towards me, huh twinkle toes?"

Agnes: "Pfft, no. It's called resting a head on someone's shoulder. It's a sign of exhaustion. Or pity-"

Buzz: "It's a sign of your love for me, huh?" pause "Ow! Ow! Stop it! Knock it off, twinkle toes! Stop hitting my arm! OW!"

Agnes: "God! I ALWAYS hate it when you're right, you little buzzard!"