[26]

Agnes: "You didn't do anything. I just- I was forced to stay away from you. My friends- they wanted me to stay away because they think you're a loser."

Buzz: "And they're the winner."

Agnes: "..."

Buzz: "I don't really understand why are you hanging out with these kinda friends. I saw that short, pixie-haired girl freaking out just because she got a bubblegum on her sandal heel."

Agnes: (Chuckles) "Rachel."

Buzz: "Yeah that. Looks like she's still living in a world of cliquey high school."

Agnes: "That's what I used to think. But nobody can blame her. She's, um, a hypochondriac. Almost afraid of germs, I guess. And after that incident, she never wore those sandals again, no matter how much it cost."

Buzz: "Wow, that explains." pause "But why do you listen to them in the first place?"

Agnes: "It's hard to explain."

Buzz: "Come on, twinkle toes-"

Agnes: "It's hard to explain, Buzz!"

Buzz: "..."

Agnes: (Whispering) "I'm sorry."

Buzz: "..."

pause

Buzz: "That day when you told me about the rumor I, uh, I was about to beat my brother up after that."

Agnes: "What?!"

Buzz: "I'm not repeating."

Agnes: "You almost beat up your brother?! That sounds insane!"

Buzz: "Not exactly. He deserved it. But I couldn't beat him up."

Agnes: "Any reason?"

Buzz: ".... tons of things were going in my mind. He grew up to be a smoker. Before that he, uh, he and his friends had ruined my life. They bullied me in high school 'cause I looked like some freak. Made me lick the toilet or taped me to the toilet seat. Beat the shit out of me in the basketball games on purpose.  They never failed to make my life a living hell. Especially Eddie."

Agnes: "..."

Buzz: "I wanted to punch him. I wanted to punch him so bad but I just... couldn't."

Agnes: "..."

Buzz: "Maybe Edward was right. I am a coward."

pause

Agnes: "You know, if I were in your place, this Eddie guy would be in a coma."

Buzz: (Chuckles)

Agnes: "But I don't think that not beating the shit out of your brother was something a coward could do. I'd say you did good."

Buzz: "The only friends I had at that time were Kari and John. But they usually spent their time with themselves since they were a couple since high school. Not that I blame them or something."

Agnes: "That's great."

pause

Buzz: "Look, don't take this the wrong way but... I miss you. Is there any way we could be friends again?"

Agnes: "I've got a condition. You stop calling me twinkle toes and I'll think about it."

Buzz: "Sorry. No can do, twinkle toes."

Agnes: "Oh no you didn't! Then it's on, buzzard!"

Buzz: "What? The friendship?"

Agnes: "No! WAR!"