[9]

He had decided to talk to that ballerina girl at the earliest opportunity.

He was standing there between the huge shelves of the library and only a few feet away from him was her, looking down at the book she was reading and unaware about the presence of the last person she wanted to see. Or so she pretended. 

Her dark hair tucked behind her back in a small bun, with a few dark tendrils falling on her face. Her fingers reached up and smoothly coiled a strand in themselves before tucking it behind her ear. He felt a series of twitching in his insides.

He took a deep breath, his mind rambling with words his parted lips were waiting to say. But all he did was tuck his hands in his pockets and stare at her. Until his chest heaved and he whispered a few words confidently. "You seem to be two-sided, you know. First, you go all twinkle toes and now, you are literally looking like a bookworm. Not to be mean."

She flinched so violently at his voice that the big book which was resting in her hands, slipped from her hands and came crashing down on the floor. She didn't bother to bend and pick up the book. She didn't bother to look anywhere for a second but at him with popped eyes. Her face ran out of its color.

He raised his hands and came forward, bending and picking up the book. As soon as he held it towards her, she snapped out of her thoughts and snatched it from him, giving him a cold look and starting to walk away before he held her small arm and turned to face her.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He whispered in a sincere voice. For a while, it looked like she was able to understand her sincerity. But when the words of her friends came rushing into her mind, she pulled her hand out of his grasp and hugged the book to her chest.

"Leave me alone." She muttered before sauntering back to her desk, leaving him with utter bafflement scrambling in his brain.