[14]

Buzz was discharged from the hospital really soon and decided to go back to the university. He was tired. Tired of being pitied. Tired of having his sister hovering around. Tired of his brother looking for opportunities to knock him down. Tired of the anonymous texts which, somehow, did make him feel better.

Overall, he was tired of his life and kept reminding himself that he couldn't care less about others. Especially when he felt like he cared.

"Hey!" He heard a familiar voice from behind and chose to ignore it, raising his chin and walking away.

"Hey, you!" He chose to ignore the bounding and wincing behind him.

Agnes: "Hey stalker! Fancypants!"

Buzz: "..."

Agnes: "Hey, wait up! Alright- alright. I was calling you again and again. You didn't even bother to look behind."

Buzz: "Oh, you're talking to me?"

Agnes: "Nice try, pretty boy!"

Buzz: "Oooh! Somebody's being sassy!"

Agnes: "You can imagine why. Anyways, um, can we talk?"

Buzz: "Lemme see...mm-hmm... no."

Agnes: "Oh, come on, man. I just- look, I know I was treating you like shit those days and I, uh, I wanna make it up to you."

Buzz: "Oh, you wanna apologize? That's great! How come there's a change in the attitude so suddenly?"

Agnes: "I, uh, I actually heard rumors but then I realized that they're just rumors-"

Buzz: "Boo! That's a great story but I 'm sorry I can't stay back to hear the rest of it. I've got a couple of classes to attend so would you do me a favor and PISS OFF!"

Agnes: "Hey wait- Ow! oh my God!"

Buzz: "Shit! You okay?

Agnes: "I'm fine. Let go of me!"

Buzz: "Your ankle! It's bandaged!"

Agnes: "Oh, so you can see as well? That's really good to know."

Buzz: "..."

Agnes: "Look, I'm sorry for being sarcastic and I'm sorry for being rude with you those days. I just- my friends told me a rumor about your brother and it just seemed so convincing-"

Buzz: "Wait, what?"

Agnes: "They told me that your brother was involved in crimes and was a drug addict. They thought that you might as well be like your brother and that you were a kidnapper."

Buzz: "Wait- they said that?"

Agnes: "Look, I'm really sorry. I didn't know what had gotten into me at that moment."

Buzz: "It's fine. I don't need your sympathy." And he walked away.

Agnes: "Hey wait... Fine! Piss off! I was just trying to help you."