[30]

"Buzzie Bumblebee? Really?" Travis exclaimed.

Buzz was sitting on the edge of the sofa, his eyes boring into Kari's feeble ones while Kari was looking down at her fingers carelessly twirling around the marker of her toy writing pad. Her cheeks were flushed red with embarrassment when she glanced at Buzz's hard look and bit her lip.

The three of them were sitting in Kari's apartment and Travis had finished looking at all the messages on Buzz's phone sent by her and couldn't stop smiling. After his exclamation, he glanced up at the looks of Buzz and Kari but frowned when saw that nothing had changed.

"I think I made you promise not to tell her!" Buzz scowled.

"I didn't! I swear!" Travis said.

At this, Kari looked up, her eyes popping out of her sockets and her face turned towards Travis. You knew about this? Travis gulped but Buzz was too busy to notice.

"Then how did you know about my-tumor?" He turned towards Kari, fuming. At this, Kari rolled her eyes and scribbled on her pad before holding it in front of his eyes like a TV. I'm not stupid.

Travis chuckled. 

Kari looked down and began to write some more. Those messages were serving more than one purpose. One, to teach you a lesson and two, to make you realize. Buzz scoffed when he looked back at the notebook. Don't give me that look like I've done something wrong. You needed it.

"Yeah well, thanks. It makes me feel a lot better." Buzz muttered to himself, looking away.

"I gotta say, Buzz. This monologue is impressing." Travis held his phone near his face, reminding Buzz of everything he wrote in that text. Eddie, Franny, dad, Agnes...

Absentmindedly, his gaze fell towards Kari, who was holding her notebook in front of his eyes while her lips had formed a grin which made her face look like it was going to rip into two parts. Will I get to see your girlfriend?

"Stop it, Kari. Agnes is not my girlfriend." Buzz pointed towards her, glaring at her. At this, Kari's grin got wider and she scribbled something in her pad. Agnes! What a pretty name!

"Kari?! Stop it! Stop it." Buzz sank back into the sofa, his finger starting to tremble as Kari got up her seat and approached towards him with one word written on her writing pad. Please!

"C'mon, Buzz." Travis nudged him by the shoulder. "We would like to meet your girlfriend." Kari pointed towards Travis in and agreeing way before closing onto Buzz, who grasped the nearby cushion and threw it at her direction."

"She. Is. Not. My. Girlfriend." But Kari shook her head and rolled her eyes before childishly poking Buzz on the stomach. Buzz started to flinch, fits of laughter sputtering through his mouth as her finger dug deep and fact on his torso.

"OKAY! OKAY! FINE! Stop it!"

Kari's smile widened as she bounced on the sofa next to Buzz and ruffled his hair.