[33]

He was lying down on the grass, one hand pinned behind his head and the other resting on his stomach while his eyes bored up at the stars winking down at him.

There was a slight tickling in his stomach and he could feel a hammer on his chest. Perhaps the human emotions were linked to these sensations.

And if he was putting an end to emotions, he was putting an end to himself. That's what you wanted, right? his subconsciousness said to him sarcastically. He did nothing but frown.

He did not feel like Buzz who was Franny and Eddie's younger brother.

He did not feel like Buzz who was Kari's best friend.

He did not feel like Buzz who was his dad's son.

He did not feel like Buzz who was in love with Agnes.

He did not feel like Buzz at all.

He felt numb. Like a victim, he felt he was only surviving. So where was the living Buzz?

Gone, He thought but at the same time, countless number of thoughts began to play with his mind. Where was he? Was he there? What if he was never gone.

His back was starting to get itchy with the grass under him, but he didn't budge. His eyes gazed at every shiny star looking down at him while his mind was entangled with thoughts.

Maybe we are the ones who change ourselves with this possible lie.

If this was the darker part of him, then who was the real Buzz?