[18]

Soon, as the days passed, he began to visit her in the maze room, as he had heard her say it once.

He would see her doing the flips and turns, sometimes on the dancing shoes, other times on her bare feet. She would twirl in her attempt to become flawless, but it didn't work most of the days. The next thing he saw was that she was limping towards the radio, slapping it on the head and then collapsing on the ground.

He wanted to ask her how come she didn't get any help but the painful look on her face erased those thoughts from his mind. He would just walk inside and sit towards her. At first, she gave him dirty and bewildered looks."What the hell are you doing here, stalker?" She growled.

He just smirked and settled himself beside her. "Watching you dance, twinkle toes. I thought you would've known by now. And my name is Buzz."

"Whatever, buzzard. Now piss off. And I have a name too."

"Really? Wouldn't I want to know?"

"Get outta here, you buzzard!" She snapped at him.

But he found him entering this place every day, watching her twirl and dance on her toes which would eventually give up due to her swollen ankle. And he would sit next to her, smirking as her face fumed up, believing that he was mocking her. 

And in a way, he was.

"You don't have to pity me." She snapped at him once, her eyes shattered with pain and her ankle almost bent. But he just shrugged silently and sat next to her. 

Sometimes he stared at her silently. Other times, he would just talk to her.

Sometimes she yelled at him for his behavior. Other times, she just snapped at him to piss off.

Sometimes she snapped at him to piss off. Other times, she just murmured.

Sometimes she murmured at him. Other times, she just stayed silent, suddenly beginning to realize that it was worthless fighting the gunshot on her ankle and just sit down and listen to him.

Sometimes she listened to him. Other times, she began to talk back.

"Agnes." She finally said. "My name's Agnes." At this, he simply smiled.

Suddenly, his company was not that bad for her. She was starting to like it.

As much as she was starting to like him.