[20]

He was shocked to see that the door was locked the other day.

His hands fumbled along the doorknob which turned but did not click. But he knew she was inside. He could hear the piano tunes of Undone. He could hear her feet tapping occasionally. He could hear her hollow breathing. He could hear a slight crack and her wince.

He could hear her entirely.

"Agnes?" Finally, he called out after hearing the click of the radio. "Agnes, open the door." No answer. He glanced at the locked window before saying again. "Please open the door."

"GET OUTTA HERE!" He flinched as he heard her yelling at the top of her lungs. "I DON'T WANNA SEE YOU AGAIN!"

"I doubt that." He smirked, thinking that it was a setup. But when he heard nothing but wind roaring into his ears, the smirk dropped from his lips. "Can you at least open the door and tell me what I've done?" He still didn't hear any answer. 

Despite a lot of pleading, she didn't say a word but swallowed repeatedly, her eyes clammed shut. And when she heard his steps first murmuring and then whispering in her ears until they finally vanished, she leaned against the mirror wall and slid down to the ground.

"It's not you, Buzz. It's me." She whispered to herself before blinking again.