[2]

2 days before the anonymous text

 A fortnight had passed since he had made Travis promise not to tell Kari. A week had passed since he enrolled into Boston University. A few days had passed since his last visit to the hospital and a millennium had passed since his last willful smile.

"Howdy, Buzz?" The bearded guy nearby, which whom he usually spoke, grinned at him as he passed. But he didn't look up, let alone greet him back.

It was until he heard a song from the distance and his ears perked up at it. He had developed a taste for music since he had been doing a part time job in the Cd store.

As soon as he reached the home of the song being played, he hid behind the curtains and watched silently. Inside a room and in front of the mirror as large as one of the walls was a girl, dressed in Capri tights and a sleeveless shirt, dancing.

Her arms were encircling the small of her body, hugging it like something precious, and she bent down. Her knees were apart but she was standing on her toes. She was looking at herself in the mirror but cringed. Then she slowly began to rise from her small prison, her arms slowly reaching above her head and her knees going straight and suddenly began to spin through the whole room in a furious motion. As if it was something she had to pass. Something she had to do.

That's when a feeling touched Buzz. A feeling about how the ballet dance was trying to speak all the things unsaid, more than the song going on. It was raw. It was flawless. She was struggling to be flawless with the look of anxiety in her eyes.

Suddenly, her ankle bent and she stopped with a loud wince. It was however, when she spotted someone looking at her dance. Looking at her. A hint of embarrassment rushed up his cheeks.

Buzz: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

But she limped over to him quickly, as if about to charge on him and while he was babbling his apologies, yanked the white curtain between them silently. That shut him up. "I'm sorry." He said once again before walking away.

That's when she peeped from the curtain and stared at him until his figure disappeared.