1.) Spiritual Ascend

Comenzar desde el principio

I went downstairs to have my breakfast. It was bacon and cheese omelet. Mmm! I hurriedly dug in to the delicious food. A few minutes later, Amy came down with wet hair, making her shirt have wet spots. I heard mom cleaning the kitchen; banging pots and pans, placing back clean plates and glasses.

Now Marianne Sparks was a woman with a kind nature. She was of medium height, who also had chocolate brown hair like mine. Her turquoise blue eyes sparkled as she cleaned but when they landed on Amy's wet shirt, they dilated with shock. Mom placed her hands on her hips and said "How many times do I have to tell you to always dry your hair before coming down, Amelia?"

Amy frowned at hearing her full name. She hated it. "Only once."

"Good, now go back up and dry it again."

Amy stood up and tiredly went back up. Only when I was laughing did she look back and shoot back daggers. I gave her a tongue out and went back to my breakfast.

Fifteen minutes later, I was ready for school. I heard a knock on my door and I saw dad move to open it. Now Robert Sparks was a completely different person from his wife. He was a businessman who loved working. He spent three fourths of the day there in his office. To him, his business is his second wife and his office is his second home.

As dad opened the door, I saw a flash of fiery red hair and I knew at once it was my best friend: Tori Fletcher. She was way shorter than me but her attitude seemed to make up for her height.

"Hey, Mr. Sparks!" I heard Tori greet my dad. Then she peeped around him and caught my eyes, her blue eyes flashing. "Hey, Leah! You ready?"

"Yeah," I answered. I quickly brushed my teeth. Then I picked up my bags and went to kiss mom and dad on the cheek.

"Have an eventful first day of sophomore year, sweetheart." Dad said as I walked pass him.

"Count on it," I muttered under my breath. Louder, I said with a big fake smile on my face "Sure, dad!"

After the door closed, Tori pulled my hand and began walking towards our school, Riverdale High. We were about three houses down when I finally placed my foot down and said, "What's all the rush about?"

"I'm excited okay?" She answered back with delight. "It's sophomore year! We need to start fresh."

"Hey guys!" We both heard a shout from across the street. We looked, only to see Victor there. His used-to-be short brown hair was already reaching his eyes making him look almost gangly. He flipped them to the side as he neared us. "So, how are we this morning?"

"Fine," Tori answered nonchalantly as we continued walking. "Got a wake up call from an enormously idiotic friend who couldn't decide what to wear this morning." As she said the last part, she intentionally bumped Victor causing him to almost loose his balance.

"Well, excuse me," Victor began. "But choosing between a sweater and a buttoned -up shirt is a big deal for me. I want to start anew and I want to forget all the events that passed last year."

Tori rolled her eyes and gave me a look that plainly said 'Do you even believe him?'

I laughed as they continued exchanging comments and statements. But my mind started to drift somewhere else...I was with Chris in Homecoming Dance, having the time of my life with him-if only that were true. I sighed. Then I remembered the dream. Nah! It was just a dream; it didn't mean anything...right?

"Whoa, there!" I heard Victor say. I turned to see him holding Tori. She had a shocked expression on her face and her cheeks were slowly heating up.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She tripped but I caught her before she could fall." Victor explained, still holding Tori.

"Thanks," Tori said then pulled away from him. She fixed her shirt and began walking again.

Victor didn't move. He was a bit stunned at her hastily made get-away. His arms were still hanging in the air, like he was still holding her body to his.

I moved to his side and whispered, "I can see that you're still falling for her.

This woke him up from his state. He looked at me like I was crazy but his eyes and cheeks said everything. "Shut up. I don't like her as a crush anymore, Leah." That was such a lie!

"Yeah right, keep talking but I know the truth." I said, smirking. Victor had a crush on Tori ever since the sixth grade and it was obvious he wasn't giving up on it.

"I do not like her anymore!" Victor whispered as we neared Tori. But his cheeks were still a faint pink.

"First of all, you're the worst liar I ever met. And second, you still like her. Don't believe me? Look in a mirror. Your face says everything." I patted his cheek then went to catch up with Tori.

She was walking quite fast. I ran to her side and took a look on her face, which was just as red as Victor's was. She was looking straight ahead, determined to get to school early.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah," she muttered. Then her eyes widened. "Oh, no."

I looked in front of me and saw at the end of the street were a few boys who were talking. As we got closer, I could identify the faces down there. It was Harry St. James, Nathan Gray, and Chris Rodriguez.

I began panicking in my mind. When will there be a day when we won't be running into the three of them, since they are hardly apart, on the way to school? I have been trying to avoid them for three years yet they still manage to come across me. And what's more embarrassing was the fact that every time I walk pass Chris, I get sparks shooting everywhere in my body at the same time causing my face to heat up.

As I neared them, I caught pale blue eyes looking at me as my group walked past them. Those eyes belonged to Nathan Gray who was beside Chris. Once he saw me looking at him, he quickly looked somewhere else. That was weird. Sparks flew as we continued walking.

When we were a good twenty feet away from them, I began hyperventilating. That was the closest I have ever gone with Chris. Tori was giggling like a twelve year old while Victor was looking at us like we had just lost our minds over a boy. Which is true.

"My girls obviously have guy issues," Victor sang from behind us.

"Your 'girls'?" Tori asked incredulously.

"And what 'guy issues'?" I liked ganging up on Victor, though he always gives a smart-ass comeback. It makes teasing him so much fun.

"Yeah, my girls. Have a problem with that, Tor?" He smirked then turned to me. "So almost having a fit every time we pass them isn't 'guy issues'?"

"Yes!" Tori and I answered him at the same time, resulting into a laughing Tori and a smiling me.

I loved hanging out with them since they seem to make life a bit more interesting. But I have a feeling that something big is going to happen sometime this year--involving all of us.

Unknown's POV:

I watch that Leah girl, my new and fated enemy, walk down the street with all her other friends...that are my enemies, too. It was obvious that none of them knew who and what they were. And that was my advantage.

I smiled evilly in the inside, though in the outside, it was like I was smiling at the joke of my friend who was in front of me. I was actually tuning both of my friends out and talking to my second-in-command in my mind.

'Sir,' He said, 'When do we do the attack we have planned on them?'

'Not yet, but it's soon,' I answered him. Oh, this is going to be an awesome year...they wouldn't know what hit them until it was too late.

===============================================================================

Okay....now that you're done reading....COMMENT if its nice, VOTE if you like it.....and PLEEASSEE understand if I can't upload THAT fast....oh and don't forget to FAN !!!

Please understand I haven't done any editing yet....so everything's bound to get shorter soon....

Hahahaha....To those who were the first five to read it....GOD BLESS...and thank you--so much!