1.) Spiritual Ascend

Start from the beginning

"You bastard! You're one of them!" Nate shouted.

"Indeed."

Nate raised his glowing hand and in his palm was silver ball that sure screamed "Power!" He was about to throw it at Chris but then his face paled and the glow faded until it was nothing now. Just then he jerked and fell face first towards the pavement; he was unconscious.

I screamed but Chris didn't seem to notice, instead he looked up at a hooded figure who had suddenly been beside Nate when he fainted and smiled. He said, "Very good, Sandra. That taser did its job."

Sandra Lenner, the head cheerleader, walked towards Chris. Her blonde hair and icy blue eyes shone in the afternoon light. She was wearing a short skirt and top and on her belt was a taser. She wrapped her arms around his head, smiled and said, "You weren't so bad yourself either." Then they locked themselves in a kiss.

It was getting passionate and gross. They didn't seem to notice me; it was like I didn't exist in this dream just like most of my dreams that happened after my sixteenth birthday. I bent towards Nate and whispered, "I'll help you, just hold on." and began to pull him away from the kissing couple but it didn't work. My hands couldn't connect with his.

Just then I heard a sucking noise and looked up to see Chris had just finished his kiss with Sandra with a big and messy peck. They smiled at each other for a few more seconds and then walked towards Nate and I. They bent down, pulled Nate up and began dragging him to who knows where. I screamed at them to stop but they didn't hear me and when I tried running after them; I was blocked by an invisible wall. I pounded on it but it didn't seem to give way. I fell to the floor with tears in my eyes because this wasn't anymore my dream, it was someone else's nightmare.

 ***

"Ah!" I screamed as I suddenly woke up. I look around me and sighed in relief. It was just my ordinary room with all my things. There were no cute boys, evil girls with gadgets that can electrocute you, and no invisible walls.

I sat up and looked at the ceiling-to-floor mirror that was sealed to the wall. My chocolate brown hair was a mess but my green eyes were bright and there was a hectic red on my cheeks. I hastily picked up my brush and yanked it forcefully through my hair until it became soft and straight.

I grabbed my toiletries and padded towards the bathroom. Taking off my clothes and letting the hot water soothed my nerves, I began to calm down. That was until I remembered today was the first day of my sophomore year. That started them again.

Gah! Sophomore year. Another year that is going to be filled with embarrassing moments and painful reactions and another year with my best friends, Tori Fletcher and Victor Jones. To tell you the truth, freshman year was so much more bearable with them.

I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I walked out of the bathroom and saw my thirteen-year old sister, Amy, waiting outside. Her hair was completely a mess and she kept dozing off. I poked her in the hips and she turned to look at who did it causing her to bang her head on the wall. I laughed and said "Mornin' sleepy head!"

"Whatever, Leah." she muttered and jabbed me back. She smirked because she knew where my weak spots were. She ran to the bathroom, banging the door behind her and leaving me clutching my stomach.

I walked towards my room and changed into my clothes. Jeans and a shirt would do just right. I wasn't one of the girls who placed too much on their body that they started to become a Christmas tree with too much ornaments or at least that was how Gran said it.

I sometimes wonder what would happen if the world wasn't filled with the people who feel like they are greater than anyone else but then it is. Why does life have to be so complicated?