Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Hi little one." Louis said to the little girl and she waved slightly. Harry sat down on the arm of the couch and Louis watched him with a small loving smile on his lips.

"I'm still out of food because I haven't been able to shop since we had that fight. Why don't you call up the rest of the boys and we'll all go out for breakfast. I think Adaley could use some time around the other two." Harry suggested and Louis nodded. He looked down at the little girl in his arms and smiled. "Would you like that?" he asked in a soft voice. Adaley nodded against his chest and his smile grew. "Then lets get ready!" he said happily and carried Adaley to her temporary room. "Do you want me to help you pick out clothes?" he asked and Adaley nodded silently, sitting on her bed and looking down at her feet. "Dress or pants?" he asked and she shrugged. Harry frowned and kneeled in front of her. "You don't have to worry about your mommy, okay? I think she'll be fine. She's very strong just like you. Remember that you gotta step up and be the best sidekick out there right?" he asked and Adaley nodded, looking up at him. "Would your mommy want you to be sad?" he asked her and Adaley shook her head, frowning deeply. She looked at Harry with thoughtful eyes before giving him a small smile.

"I wanna look like you, Mr. Harry." She said and Harry gave her a confused look.

"How? I don't own anything pink." He asked, looking at the closet that was now filled with her clothes. Harry assumed Louis unpacked her bags while he comforted the little girl in the kitchen. Adaley giggled softly and ran to her closet, looking up in concentration. She pointed at a shirt and turned back to him.

"Mommy bought me a red shirt with squares and tight black jeans like you. And I have black boots too!" she said excitedly. Harry walked over and sure enough there was a red plaid shirt like the one in his closet. He chuckled softly and nodded. He laid the clothes out on her bed with the boots at the end of her bed.

"You get dressed. I'm going to go take a shower. When you're done I want you to pick how you want your hair. When I'm done getting ready I'll come check on you, okay?" he said and Adaley nodded happily, looking at the clothes in excitement. Harry chuckled softly and placed a kiss on the top of her head. He walked back to his room and laid out clothes that looked exactly like the ones that he'd laid on Adaley's bed only moments before. Louis walked back in and leaned against the doorframe, smiling at Harry's choice.

"I called the boys and they said that it's fine with them. I told them we'd meet them at Pann's Restaurant at 9." Louis informed him and Harry gave him a confused look. "It's a 50's style America coffee shop. I thought it'd be cute." He said with a shrug and Harry nodded, smiling slightly as he started his shower. He walked back out and was surprised when Louis wrapped his arms around his waist suddenly. Harry hugged him tightly and pulled back, taking out his bun and brushing his hair out. "I'm heading back to the apartment I rented. I'll meet you at the restaurant." Louis murmured and Harry nodded absentmindedly as he walked into the bathroom. He stood under the burning water for a few minutes as he gathered his thoughts. When he glanced at the time on the foggy clock he jumped into action and hurried through the rest of his shower. He threw on the clothes and quickly blow dried his hair. He walked into Adaley's room to find her looking at herself in the mirror, obviously appraising her apearence. She turned around when Harry cleared his throat.

"So how do you want your hair?" he asked as he walked over to stand behind her. She smiled and leaned back to look up at him.

"I want two French braids!" she said happily and Harry gave her a small nod. "Mommy does them all the time when we clean at home. It keeps the hair out of my face she says!" she said, watching Harry work in the mirror. She started to ramble as he worked. "I hope they have waffles where we're going! I love waffles. I'm gonna ask if they have hot chocolate. Mommy only gives me hot chocolate at Christmas but we won't tell her if I get some. If they don't have waffles I'll get pancakes. I wonder if they make them into Mickey Mouse like Mommy can." She said, going deep into thought. Harry chuckled softly and kissed the top of her head.

"Done munchkin." He hummed and Adaley gave him a funny look.

"Munchkin?" she asked as she pulled on her boots. Harry shrugged and chuckled softly.

"I think it fits you. Munchkins are from Wizard of Oz. They're kids." He explained and Adaley nodded. She grabbed her bear and Harry smiled as he picked up the bag hanging on the back of her door. She frowned and cocked her head to the side.

"What's that for Mr. Harry?" she asked and Harry smiled, setting it on the bed.

"I want you to pack some things to do while the boys and I do an interview." He said softly and nodded at her toys. She nodded and looked around her room, studying it carefully. She picked up her two favourite stuffed animals and shoved them in the bag with her drawing pad and pencils. She zipped it up and handed it to Harry. He chuckled softly and threw it over his shoulder. He took her hand in his and walked towards the front door. When he saw their reflection in his hall mirror he stopped. He smiled as he looked the two off them. He pulled his phone out and set Adaley's bag down. She looked up at him with confusion in her eyes.

"Whatcha doin?" she asked, rocking back on her heels. Harry chuckled and pointed at the mirror.

"I wanna take a picture of us!" he said with a grin. Adaley nodded and looked at the mirror. Harry snapped the picture and laughed when he saw they were making the same face. They were both sticking their tongues out flat with their eyebrows raised and eyes wide. He showed Adaley the picture and she giggled.

"We're so silly!" she said and kissed Harry's cheek. He nodded and slipped his phone back in his pocket. He picked up the bad up and grinned widely.

"Shall we your majesty?" he asked, bowing down to her. She laughed and climbed onto his back.

"Let's go trusty stead!" She said with a grin and Harry started to laugh.

"As you wish my princess!" He said and opened the door, locking it behind him. He helped Adaley into the taxi and told the driver the address, leaning back and looking down at the little girl who was curled into his side.

'Today is going to be a great day.' He determined.