b o n f i r e / 2

Beginne am Anfang

"Want to relive past memories?" Darnell asked Mya. She smiled and nodded her head. They both walked over to their lawn chairs. Lucas and I already had our arrangements set up, so I wasn't worried. We went over to our chair, and cuddled up. He was laying on his back, with his right arm under my head. I had my head buried in his neck, with my left leg bent, and my right leg over his body.

Mya and Darnell were laid up the similar way to us, but King and Mercy weren't even laid up. Mercy was sitting at the end of the chair, while King was looking annoyed, just staring at the back of her head.

"What's wrong with y'all?" I asked them.

"Mercy salty because I was talking to someone else" Mercy looked back at him and scoffed. She stood up and put her blanket down. "I'm going to go get something to eat" As Mya and I were about to go after her, King stood up. "I got this" We nodded our heads. Mya and Darnell started their own little conversation, while Lucas and I started our own.

Mercy

Hell yes, I am mad about that Layla or Estrella bitch. I thought King and I could actually become something. I might be overreacting, but I honestly don't care.

I went back into the house to find me and my baby something eat. Looking on the counter, I saw a bag of marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. I heard the back door open then close. I rolled my eyes knowing who it was.

"Hey" This bitch. King.

I wasn't really in the mood for smores, so I looked for something else in the fridge. I saw a package of turkey, so I pulled it out, along with mustard and mayo. Setting those items on the counter, I grabbed a chair and stood on top of it to reach the top of the stove.

As I was about to grab the bread, King grabbed it. "Why didn't you just ask me to get it for you?" I looked at him and rolled my eyes, grabbing the bread I got off the chair, putting it back in it's spot. He started talking, so I tuned him out as I do everyone else. I was just humming and making my turkey sandwich. I'm guessing he asked me a question, because he tapped me on the shoulder. I rolled my eyes, and ignored him touching me.

I cut my sandwich down the middle, and grabbed a blue Huggie out the fridge. Right when I was about to go out the back door, to the bonfire he slammed the door shut and turned me around. "Stop slamming my damn doors!" Grandma Viv yelled from upstairs, her ass was supposed to be sleeping.

"Sorry Grams!" King yelled back to her. Turning his attention back to me, he leaned in for a kiss but I swerved his ass.

"Nah, we not doing that no more. We strictly friends" I told him, pushing him back a little, or trying to at least. "It's funny, because I was thinking about asking if we could actually become something" He looked down and looked back at me.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic ass. Trying to be a damn light skin nigga. Grabbing my hands, he took my sandwich and juice out of my hand. I was about to snap on him, for taking my food out of my hands, instead he stopped me by grabbing my face and kissed me. I didn't kiss him back.

"Kiss me back" He demanded. I smiled as he tried to get stern with me. Kissing him back, I snaked my arms around his neck and he tapped my thigh, telling me to hop up into his arms. I jumped up, and he caught me. I wrapped my legs around his waist, as he held me up by my butt. He walked over to the island and sat me down on top of it. Interrupting our make out session, was the damn doorbell. Kingston let out a groan of annoyance, as I broke the kiss.

"I got it!" I yelled up to Grandma Viv. I pushed him back a little bit and gently got off of the island. As I was starting towards the front door, I felt King push up against me. "I like the way you look in my hoodie, I'd like it even better on the floor" I smiled at his flirtatious-ness.