Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"You have more important things to worry about, Harry." She said sternly and Harry nodded shamefully. "C'mon. Wake Katie up. We need to get you to the airport." She said and Harry nodded again. When she left the room Harry leaned down and gently shook Katie's arm.

"What?" she groaned and Harry smiled softly.

"C'mon, Katie. We gotta get going. Our plane leaves soon." Harry told her softly and she nodded, sitting up slowly and sighing. She put her head in her hand and Harry gently rubbed her back.

"What did I do to deserve this?" she whispered and Harry kissed the side of her head.

"Absolutely nothing. The worst things happen to the best people." He told her and she gave him a half smile. "Do you want me to carry you out to the car?" he asked and Katie nodded, holding her arms up. Harry lifted her up and carried her outside, gently setting her in the passenger's seat. When they finally had everything loaded up and Adaley buckled in Harry turned back to his mother. He hugged her and Gemma tightly and kissed both of their forehead.

"I love you, Harry." Anne said softly and kissed his cheek. "Give Katie and Adaley a kiss for me, yeah?" she asked softly and Harry nodded. He turned to Gemma and she wrapped her arms tightly around his middle.

"You make sure my sister fights through this shit, got it?" Gemma said sternly and Harry chuckled, kissing the top of her head.

"I promise Gems. I love you guys." Harry said, giving Robin a quick hug. He walked over to the car. Before he knew it they were at the airport. Harry helped Katie on the plane. Before they took off Katie was sound asleep. Adaley, who was sitting across from him, spoke up.

"Mr. Harry?" she asked and Harry looked up from his phone, smiling at her.

"Yeah princess?" he asked and Adaley sighed. They were already in the air so she unbuckled and climbed into Harry's lap, cuddling into his chest.

"Will Mommy be okay?" she asked softly, playing with Harry's cross necklace. He sighed softly and kissed the top of her head.

"Honestly I don't know but I have high hopes. Your mom is very strong woman and you're just like her." He murmured and Adaley looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Really?" she asked, a smile growing on her face. Harry chuckled and nodded.

"Really. You are just like her from your smile to your outfits to your personality." He told her and Adaley's mood instantly improved.

"My mommy's my hero, Mr. Harry. She's so pretty and so nice to everyone she meets." Adaley said with a smile, looking up at Harry. He nodded and kissed her head.

"Why don't you make some pictures for her? You can surprise her when she wakes up." He said with a smile and Adaley nodded, jumping off his lap and grabbing her paper and pencils. Harry snapped a picture of her before looking down at his phone. He went back to reading the fan fiction he was currently engrossed in. It was a love story between him and Niall. He read for what felt like five minutes but in reality it was hours. He looked up when he saw Katie shaking his shoulder.

"C'mon. We landed." She said and tried to stand up, giving Harry a defeated look when she couldn't. He slipped his phone back into his pocket and lifted her up. As soon as he stepped out of the plane he was blinded by flashes. As he walked down the stairs Adaley started screaming out a name. Harry looked up to see Terrance standing there. Adaley ran over and Terrance lifted her up, spinning her around. They all climbed into the awaiting SUV and started off driving. Terrance drove while Harry sat next to him.

"What's going on with her?" Terrance asked softly and Harry sighed, looking down.

"She has brain cancer." Harry whispered and Terrance gave him a sad look. Before Harry knew it they were pulling up in front of a very prestigious hospital. Harry walked in carrying Adaley while Terrance carried Katie. Harry started to follow them deeper into the hospital but Terrance stopped him.

"Take my house key. I want you to get whatever you need from it for Adaley and take her to your place. I'll call you when I know something, okay?" Terrance instructed him. Harry nodded and took the keys. He gave Katie a kiss on the forehead before walking back out to the awaiting car. He buckled Adaley in and they started off towards Terrance's apartment.

"Where are we going, Mr. Harry?" the little girl asked and Harry smiled.

"We're picking up some clothes from your house and then you're going to come stay with me. Sound like fun?" he asked and Adaley nodded happily. They quickly stopped by the apartment and as Harry packed a bag for Adaley she picked out some toys that she thought she would need. After what felt like forever they were finally on their way back to his apartment. Harry opened the door for her. He grinned. "Welcome to my home!" he said happily. Adaley stared the apartment and looked up at Harry with a disapproving look. "What?" he asked, setting her bags down.

"You really need to learn how to clean." She said and shook her head. Harry watched her walk away with a dumbfounded look.

'She really is her mother.'