“Bye Cupcake! Love you!” he yelled after me. Those words coming from his mouth always made my heart leap. But he’ll never know that, I mean he doesn’t know how much those words mean to me and how they affect me. Those words make my palms sweat and my brain go into a bottomless pit up to the point that I can’t even think or consentrate.

I turned around and gave him a sad smile. “Bye Nathan, love you too” I said before he disappeared down the street. Tonight was a warm Friday night. In just three more weeks the temperature of the day would rise and the temperature of the night will fall, That‘s summer for you. And with in two of those three weeks is my birthday. Yup I’m finally going to turn seventeen. I can’t wait!

I slowly closed the door behind me not wanting anyone to hear the door close. Sadly I in live in a house hold with werewolves and of course they heard it. Especially if they were waiting for it.

“Look who decided to stroll in through the side door at 11pm?” Seth’s voice said from the stairwell. My sister India followed him down the stair too, not wanting to miss what took me so long to get out Nathan‘s car. Hopefully they wouldn’t see the gift that Nathan gave me.

“Seth it’s a Friday night, there is nothing to be worried about. At least I came home whole.” I said trying to hurry past them and up to my room.

“Wait a minute baby sis, it doesn’t look like you just came back home whole, you brought a gift with you!” India squealed as she move in front of me and starred at the diamond necklace hanging from my neck.

“Omg, who the hell got you this? Look Seth. It’s even in the shape of a heart!” she squealed as she grabbed a hold onto the necklace and pulled it in Seth’s direction. He didn’t pay it any mind, ugh! He just starred at me like he would find something out of place or missing. This is what I hate about Seth. I get that I’m his little sister and all but he doesn’t have to act like this. Sometime I wish he could be a little bit excited like India.

“Seth calm down, it was an early birthday gift.” I said taking it from out India’s hand and then pulling it to my chest.

“From who?” he said as his eye’s harden a little and changed from their forest green color to black, pitch black.

“From Nathan” I said pulling my long hair over my shoulder so that it would cover the necklace a little. “Lighten up a little Seth, it was only a birthday gift.”

It’s not that my brother didn’t like Nathan it just that he doesn’t trust us alone or around each other. I guess he doesn’t get the fact that we’ve been best friends since we were four. Anyways what could possibly happen between us? It’s not like we were mates or anything like that. The thought of that made me feel weird in a way. Sometime I wished that we were mates, but the possibility of that are extremely thin. I mean if we were mate we would’ve notice years ago.

“Aw, that boy is so sweet to you I swear!” India said taking the necklace back in her hands. “Do you think he could get me one just like it?” she said as I walked up the stairs and she followed.

“I don’t know” Is all I said. I didn’t want to talk about Nathan in front of Seth. Honestly I don’t talk about Nathan to anyone. I guess it’s because I’m trying to prevent my feelings from coming out to the surface. Why bother telling anyone my feelings if it wasn’t mean't to be in the first place?

“I don’t think it’s sweet at all” was all Seth said from behind us. Me and India both turned around to look at him.

“What do you mean by that?!” I yelled at him.

“Don’t yell so loudly mom and dad are sleeping.” He paused “All I’m saying is that I don’t like you hanging out with boys his age.”

“Boys his age! Seth we're that same age.”