b o n f i r e / 1

Start from the beginning

"Ohhhh..." I realized what she was talking about. She locked eyes with me in the mirror, and rolled her eyes at my slowness. I chuckled.

I finished her hair in about twenty-five minutes. "You like it" She ran her fingers through her hair smiling. I began to walk away and grabbed Bronx's leash, he's going with us. When I bent over to clip the leash to his collar, I felt Mya sneak something in my back pocket.

"What the hell you doing?" I asked, whipping around to face her. She just smiled wide. I reached in my back pocket for what she put in there. I pulled out a twenty dollar bill. I rolled my eyes, reaching my arm out to return it back to her. She shook her head, then skipped out the bedroom. I shook my head, and walked over to my nightstand reaching under and grabbing the envelope. I used to put my money in a shoe box, but I realized that I started coming up short all of a sudden.

I know who started taking from me, though. R.I.H Terrance.

Sticking the envelope back under my nightstand, I grabbed my phone and my duffle bag that was already set for staying over at Viv's house. "You ready?!" I yelled to Mya walking down the stairs with Bronx's leash in my hand. I set my bag down at the front and let go of Bronx's leash and walked into the kitchen to grab some candy and juice for tonight.

Mya came in seconds later and grabbed the stuff I bagged. "I"m ready. Leggo!" She skipped to the front of the house and we walked out to my car. Getting in the car and starting it up, we were headed to Viv's house.

Kingston

Lexi and I were in the car headed to Mya's grandmother's house. Tonight we're all going trick or treating, then we're all going to chill in her backyard for a bonfire, and we're staying the night. It's basically just a chill night.

"King" I looked over at Lexi, she was looking out the window.

"Hm?"

"What's going on with you and Mercy?" I looked over at her in the corner of my eye

"Nothing. We just playing around. Why?" She sighed.

"King, don't play with her. If you want to cuff her, stop playing around. If you don't want to get into anything, be straight with her." I nodded my head, about to say something but got cut off by Estrella calling me.

M: Ayo!

-Stop answering the damn phone like that.

M: Hello Ella

-Dummy

M: What's up though

-I called to see what you doing tonight

M: I'm going trick or treating with my friends, then going to a bonfire, then staying the night at my friend's Grandma house. Why? You wanna slide through?

-Yeah, that would be cool. Do I have to dress up?

M: Nah, the only ones dressing up are the kids and the dumb asses

I reached over and playfully mushed the side of Lexi's face. She slapped my hand and glared at me.

-*laughs* Where y'all gon' be at?

M: Um, I'm heading to Grandma Viv house now, but she live over by you, so on the trick or treat walk we'll come and get you.

-Alright, that's cool. Just text or call me when y'all outside.

M: Aight

-Bye

M: One