Chapter 51 - Carl Learns The Truth

Alex's P.O.V.

Rick is bloody and bruised. I'm the only one trying to help him walk. Carl is just walking ahead of us.

"Carl!" Rick yells out "Slow down!" Carl doesn't listen. Instead he walks faster. "Carl!" Rick yells and this time Carl did stop. He turns around and looks at us. "Help Alex, she's little and can't hold me up by herself." Carl grunts and gets the other side of Rick. We start walking.

"Look." Rick says stopping. He lets go of us and limps over to the entrance of a restaurant. "Alex can you stay out here and keep watch while Carl and I go look inside." I nod and take out my gun. The Governor didn't take my gun from me when he kidnapped me, I guess he didn't see it. My thoughts were broken when a gun shot went off. I quickly run into the restaurant.

"Carl!" Rick yells. "I had it!" Carl shook his head "Dad, no you didn't! I did what I had to do!" Carl screams walking out. Rick sighs trying to pick up a bag. "No, Rick." I say "I got it." I pick up the bag and throw it over my shoulder.

We walked alittle bit more until we found a house. We moved the couch up against the door so if anyone tried to get in they couldn't. Rick is now laying down on the couch.

I'm worried. He's beat up pretty badly and his breathing is faint. Carl is outside, he's been out there for awhile. I walk out from the back door and walk to the front. Carl is sitting down on the front step. I go and sit next to him. "Hey." I say. "What do you want?" He grunts.

What the fuck!

"I was just seeing if you were okay. You don't have to be mean." I say "Well, I'm not fine!" He says "What happened?" I ask. He looks at me so rudly. "What happened? Your fucking asking me that!?" He screams. I just sit there shocked. "My little sister is dead, the one thing I had left of my mom! My dad is so badly beaten that he might as well be dead! The safety we built is gone!" He screams at me. "Like you understand!"

That was the dumbest thing he has ever said to me. Like you understand. Hell yea I fucking understand!

I stand up with tears streaming down my face. "I do understand! I went through the same God damn thing not to long ago Carl! If anything you shouldn't understand! I was kidnapped. I watched Hershal!, the man who saved your life, die right in front of me!" I scream. "My sister told me I was a mistake to the family!" I scream crying "I killed my own fucking sister!" I scream "So yeah, I do understand. I came out here to check on you and to get some love from my boyfriend! Your such an asshole!"

I felt the urge to break up with him, but I knew I was just upset and I would regret it later. So instead I just ran off.

Carl's P.O.V.

I watched as she ran off. I fucked up. I didn't know that she killed Victoria. Even if I did, I shouldn't have been so rude to her. I love her. I love her so God damn much. I let my emotions control me. I stand up really pissed at myself. I go into the house and see my dad still passed out.

"You knew he was out there!" I scream "You sent Michonne out to look for him when you should have sent a whole God damn army to stomp his ass. All you wanted to do was have all of us play farmer!" I scream. He might not be able to hear me but I don't care. "I would be better off if you just died! I don't need you!" I scream louder. "You couldn't protect Mom, Judith, Carol, Hershal, Daryl, T-Dog, Alex!" I scream.

I can't even protect Alex. I got her mad at me and now she's out there alone. I run out and go down the street. I check every house but she's not in there. I walk a couple more houses down and hear crying. I look up and see Alex on the roof holding a bucket. It looks like pudding. I walk into the house and go upstairs. I climb out a window and sit next to her on the roof.

"Hey." I say. She looks at me. Her eyes are red from crying and she has pudding on her bottom lip. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean the things I said. I was a jerk and I'll admit it." I tell her. "Can you forgive me, Please?" I ask. She smiles and nods. The pudding is still on her lip so I decided to kiss her. I pull away. "Yum..pudding!" I say. She laughs and dips her spoon in the pudding. I smile as she feeds it to me. "Can I talk to you about something? And it's gonna sound really crazy." she says. "You can talk to me about anything." I say. She nods. "I want to try again." She tells me. "Now?" I ask "Yeah, I realised we are never going to stop running and life is way to short now. I want to have a baby and I want to have one with you." She says.

I kick the empty pudding can off the roof and take her hand. I climb through the window. Once she's in. I grab her and kiss her hard.

Not only do I want to try again but I want to have sex.

My hands work their way down her back. "I love you." She says breaking the kiss "I love you too." I begin to kiss her neck. I take off her shirt and throw it on the floor. I push her down on the bed and she gasps from excitement. I unzip her jeans and take them off. I kiss her stomach. Her hands get lost in my hair. I kiss until I reach her bra. I unhook it and throw it on the floor too. I kiss her breasts. After a minute, I stand back up and take off my shirt. Alex sits up and unbuckles my jeans. I kick them off. She then takes off my boxers. I lean down and kiss her lips. As I kiss her I push her slowly on the bed. She quickly takes off her underwear. Alex moans when she feels me. I smile as I begin.

.

.

.

.

I breath heavily as I finish. I lay beside her, she cuddles up to my chest. "That was amazing." She says laughing. I smile and kiss her head.

"Baby can I ask you something?" I ask. "Yeah?" she asks drawing circles on my chest. "What did you mean when you said your sister told you that you were a mistake?" I ask. I could feel her heart beat get faster. "Uhm..." She says sitting up. "My mom and dad were into drugs...a-and...well...my moms drug dealer apparently was in love with her and wanted her. She already had my sister with him, so he said no more kids. My mom got married to my dad and had me. That was against his wishes I guess so, my parents drove off a bridge to kill themselves...there...there was no car crash." She starts breaking down into tears. I bring her into my arms and rub her back. "Shh..." I say calming her down. "We should head back alright." I tell her.

We get dressed and walk back to the house. When we get there dad is still out cold. I sit up against the wall and Alex sits in my lap. We stayed like that for hours.

It's dark now and Alex is asleep in my lap. I almost fell asleep too, but the sound of my dad falling on the floor got my attention. Alex woke up and quickly got off my lap. Dad groans as he crawls to me. My gun is at hand and pointed at dad. As he gets closer I don't know what happened I just broke. I dropped my gun and began to cry. I didn't mean those words I said. I need my dad. I love my dad, but he's one of them now. "Just do it." I say.

"C-Carl...don't go outside." He says. I cry and crawl to him. I place his head in my lap and rest my forehead on his.

I need him.