Chapter 1 ~ Apocalypse

Alex's POV
I don't know why but I feel comfortable with this man. I don't know if its because he's the first person I've seen in a month or what. What I do know is I have to stop, my head is killing me!

"Hey Rick?" I ask breaking the silence "Somethin wrong?" Wow he has a strong southern accent! "Um...Yeah...I-I need a break." I take a seat on the hard concrete step but even before I could take a breath Rick runs inside, of course I follow.
"Lori! C-Carl!" I'm guessing that's his wife and son. Rick falls flat on the ground, slapping his head "This isn't real!" He screams "This isn't real." His scream falls into a whisper. I watch as this poor man mourns the possible death of his family.

I went outside to finally get that rest I was desperately in need of, also to give Rick space. Speaking of Rick, he comes walking out of his house, I stand up ready to continue our journey.

We ran about two blocks! Is my  condition worse than his? I'm out of breath, my head hurts like a bitch! I need to stop bef-

"Alex! " I hear as my eyes shut

*****************************************

I slowly open my eyes to a dim room lit with vanilla scented candles, which are my favorite. "Rick!" I start to panic "Rick!" I scream once more before a man walks in holding a gun.
Oh goodness! I hate guns! I'm never touching one ever again
I try to sit up but, what! My hands are tied up! Who does this!?  "Its okay, its just a safety precaution." The man says basically reading my mind. He walks over and unties me "Don't know who to trust these days ya know" I hold my wrist which is now burning from the rope  "No I don't exactly" I say looking at him strangely.  "Just like your friend the police officer huh."

Rick is a police officer? Explains a lot

"We will explain over dinner, come on out" the man says getting up and stopping at the doorway " its Morgan by the way" he says leaving.

I walk to the dining room and see Rick, thank goodness he's okay, talking with Morgan and "Dwaine" the boy says. Guess he saw me staring " Alex" I reply before taking a seat. "Dwaine say grace" Morgan commands, Dwaine begins " dear lord, thank you for the food you put before us and help us with the apocalypse we are surviving in."

Apocalypse?! I look at Rick who's. obviously thinking the same

"Amen" we all say " Apocalypse?..... Zombie apocalypse?" I ask hesitant for an answer "See, Rick told me you guys were in a coma, out for a month. While you were out a virus escaped. It starts out with a high fever, you die come back as walkers , if you're lucky you survive it."

Walkers, could get used to that.

" Don't you get bit, don't you get scratched, you will turn. Aim for the head, nothing else." Morgan explains

" Alex you better get to bed, long day for us tomorrow." Rick says and with that I got up and walked the room where I woke up.
I lay in my bed trying to take in the information I was just fed, then Victoria crossed my mind. Is She okay? Is she alive or... Dead? All my questions will have to be answered at some point. I will find her, I will make it my mission to

"I will find you Victoria."