Chapter 9 ~ The Aftermath

Carl's POV

The vibe in this place is really low. My dad just came busting in like a boss!...that's not the point. Walkers just invaded our camp...killing Amy and alot of other people.

We still stand there shocked at the sight. Alex is still in my arms, drying her tears.

"Its alright...its over" I say stroking her hair.  Alex pulls away and walks over to my dad, I quickly follow.

"Thank God your okay!" She yells hugging my dad  "I'm glad your okay too."

Alex and my dad are very close. They both found out about this world at the same time. They are like best friends.

Shane walks up viciously. I pull Alex off my dad and towards me. This isn't going to be good!

"Now you show up Rick?!"

Everyone gathers.

"Look Shane I di-"  "No bull shit excuses! You went looking for a worth less piece of shit and look what happened!"

Daryl walks up and punches Shane in the face. "I'm gonna stomp your ass!"

"Stop it! Now!" Alex runs up and seperates the guys "This is not the place nor time to do this! Our people just got murderd by flesh eating freaks! Do something about it damn!" 

Wow! Is it bad that I got turned on by that..woah! Carl! I know I like her but we are just friends!

"Alright let's get to work!" My dad orders.

Its gonna be a long day.

Alex's POV

Someone had to stop them so I did.

The sun is about up now and we haven't got at least half of these bodies burned.

I place down shovel and walk over to Andrea. Which makes everyone look at me. I look at Carl who's eyes are filled with worry. Everyone tried to get Andrea off of Amy's dead body before she turns but no succeeded.

"H-Hey Andrea." I sit slowly beside her. " Its about time.." I warn her,  still no movement. "You want to make sure the safety is off bef-" Andrea flings out her gun and points it to me. I shoot  up and slowly back away. 

"I know how the safety works."

There's no emotion...nothing in her voice...its just...plain.

I nod and walk away, but not before long I hear moans. I turn around and see Amy awaken. I gasp in fear of Andrea . Then...the gun goes off. 

Andrea runs inside the RV and slams the door. I got to follow her but Dale stops me "I'll go sweetie."

I nod and walk back over to my work.

Its gonna be a long day.

****************************************

It's dark now and we've cleared all the bodies. Glenn gave us a lecture on if they weren't family burn them, if they were bury them. I agree.

The thought of family brings me to my sister. Is she alive or...dead. I remember Rick said he would help me find her. I hope he kept his word.

I walk over to Rick who is cleaning his shirt. "Hey can I talk to you?" He asks "Yeah I was coming to ask you the same thing." I chuckle

"So, your sister..." he starts "Yeah what about my sister?" I ask "We are gonna start looking for her..after we get settled in a new, safe place." I jump for joy at his words.

"Seriously! Thank you so so much!" I hug him and skip off to my tent.

"Wow your happy!" Carl shouts. I stop skipping and walk over to him. "Oh yes I am! Your dad told me we would go looking for my sister!"  A smile growns on both of our faces  "Victoria?" He asks.

I nod.

"Oh my gosh this is fantastic! I'm happy for you!" He's says hugging me.

I feel safe again..I like this.

He goes to pull away but I bring him back. At first he was tense but he loosened up. 

I think I love him!

I pull away and kiss him on the cheek.

"Thank you."

I walk to my tent and drift off to sleep.

Carl's POV

She kissed my cheek. Those tingling feelings came back!

I think I love her!

I walk to my tent and lay down.

I fall asleep with her on my mind.