Chapter 43 - 30 Days Without An Accident

Alex's Pov

It's been a month. I'm healed. I know every one in the prison. Adriana is my really good friend. Carl and I are wonderful. We're still grieving the death of our baby.

Currently I'm feeding Judith. She has gotten really big!

"I just saw Carl go out with his dad, I can take Judy if you want to spend some time messing around outside." Beth says walking into Ricks cell. I nod and hand Judith to her. I pat her back as I walk out.

***

Carl's Pov

"Hey farmer boy!" I put my shovel down and look up. A smile grows on my face when I see Alex. "Hey sweet thang!" I joke. She giggles walking towards me. "You didn't come to our cell last night." She says. I squint my eyes due to the sun. "Patrick and I were in his cell. We read comic books last night. I ended up falling asleep." She nods. "Don't worry I'll make it up to you." I say smirking. "How?" She smiles. "By tickling you!" I laugh. Alex backs up and starts to run "Have to catch me first!"
I chase her around the field until she couldn't breath. I wrap my hands around her waist and twirl her around. I lay her down on the grass and hover over her. My shirts off and it's hot. So I would say I'm heated in the moment. I lean down and kiss her. I begin to rub my hands over her body. "C-Carl!" She slaps my back. I stop. "We're outside..your dads over there, and plus you're dirty and sweaty."

I laugh and help her up.

"There's something I want to talk to you about." I say. "Don't worry it's okay." I say sensing her discomfort. "What is it?" Alex askes with a worried expression. "Daryl has been talking about going to the Big Spot, seeing if there's anything in there useful. I was wondering if it's alright with you if I go?" I ask. She sighs "I-I guess." I kiss her cheek "Thanks babe." She nods again. I can tell she's not happy. "Do you want to go take a shower with me?" I ask trying to cheer her up. She nods. "Alright lets go."

Alex's Pov

I wrap my wet hair in a towel and slip on jeans with my sweatshirt. I wait for Carl to get dressed. "When your at the Big Spot can you grab me a pack of pads?" I ask knowing I can rely on him. "It's that time." I say. I laugh when I hear Carl groan. "Yes I will." He whines.

"Ready?" I ask. He nods. We walk back to the cafeteria hand in hand. "How long do you think you'll be?" I ask as Carl sits on the table top. "It depends." I sigh as I take my wet hair out and let it fall. Carl grabs the towel from my hands and pulls me in between his legs. "I'll be alright." He assures me. "I--I know but...I'm just scared." I admit. He nods. "I know, babe." I wrap my arms around his torso. He leans down and kisses my head.

"Carl, you ready to go?" Daryl asks. I look up at Carl and he smiles lightly. "That's my cue." He says. I tighten my grip. He sighs "I won't go...if that's what's going to make you happy." He says disappointed. I pull away. "No, No, You go." I say "Are you sure."

No. I wasn't.

"Yeah, now go!" I say pushing him out the door and outside to the car.

"No, you're riding on Daryl's bike." Glenn smiles at Carl. "Oh my Lord! Wear a helmet!" I yell. Carl laughs. "I will, my love." I blush when he says my love. That was cute. Daryl hands Carl a helmet. I take it from Carl and put it on his head. "Alex! Ouch! Are you trying to kill me!" He jokes as I pull the straps tighter. "Sorry, just making sure my boyfriend is safe." Carl smiles and gets on the bike after Daryl. "Promise you will stay safe?" I ask Carl. "I Promise." He kisses my lips as Daryl starts the bike. "Love you." He says while taking off. "I love you too, Carl!" I yell and wave. I watch until I can't see them anymore. I turn and walk back to the prison.