Chapter 10 ~ Love...

Alex's POV

I wake up to sun shining on my face. Today's gonna be a hot on!   I sit up and stretch.  I grab a scrunchie and pull my dirty blonde hair in a high poneytail. I slip on my jean shorts and a big blue shirt. I took another scrunchie and tied the shirt up so its not that big.

I wish I could take a shower and brush my teeth!

I sigh and walk out.

Everyone is packing up...

"What's going on?" I ask looking around. Carl notices me and smiles. I walk over to him "We're leaving, my dad doesn't think its safe" He answers my question "Oh okay."

I walk back to my tent and grab everything out. I lay everything on the ground.

Okay tent, don't be a pain in the ass!

I pull one of the stakes out...

"Damn it!" I scream as the whole thing collapses.  I look over and see Carl looking at me, I blush. "If ya going to continue staring, come help me!" I tease. He laughs and runs over.

"Didn't think you would notice me looking" he jokes. I giggle "I also notice you look at me too" I look at him and laugh harder "Now your just flirting Grimes!"  He blushes,  "Yes I am, what are you gonna do about it?"

I look down and giggle.  I love him...wait did I just say that...yes I love him.

"Alex I need you to know something." He says clearing his throat. I look up and stare at his beautiful blue eyes. "Your my best friend."

Best friend! This boy is all over the place! He flirts with me, then says I'm his best friend! What's his deal?

"Y-Yeah...your my best friend too." I say a little heart broken. I look down. "You okay?" He asks "Yeah I'm fine, let's get this tent packed up." I say holding back my tears.

Carl starts to pack up the tent. I grab my things and watch him walk the tent to the truck. 

A tear rolls down my cheek. How can you feel this strong for someone you just met?

This is love.