Chapter 40 ~ Remember?

Carl's Pov

I stare at the love of my life. I couldn't believe what she said. "We're your family." I say slowly. Now she looks even more confused. "No you're not. Who are you?"

I freeze. "I'm your boyfriend...C-Carl Grimes." I say with tears forming.

"I don't have a boyfriend! Where am I?"

"IT'S ME! CARL! THE BOY YOU LOVE! YOUR FIRST KISS! YOU LOST YOUR VIRGINITY TO ME! REMEMBER, ALEX!" I scream falling to my knees in tears. "How do you know my name!?" She screams. "Alright get him out!" My dad yells. Daryl picks me up. I try and fight my way out but it's no use. Daryl carries me into the cafeteria and puts me down. I run my hands through my hair while pacing "She doesn't remember!" I scream "W-We promised each other, that no matter what we will ALWAYS remember our relationship! Daryl! She doesn't even know who I am!" I pace back and forth trying to process this shit. Tears fall from my eyes.

My love! My whole life is gone!

I kick the medal table. "He needs to die!" I shout so loud that everyone runs into the cafeteria. "He forced his damm people in here! One of his men..did this to Alex! One of his God damn men...killed our baby!" I scream with tears coming down like a water fall "Son I-" my dad begins but I cut him off "Dad! I killed that man! I killed that son of a bitch! I ran out there right on time. I saw him pull the damn knife out and push her with all his fucking force! I--I...killed him, with the knife he used to murder my, innocent, unborn child!"

I sit down and put my head in my hands. "I want the Governor killed! I killed a guy who was put under presser by the Governor! Other than that, that man was innocent!"

Everything is quite. Not a word was spoken. Until my dad spoke up. "Uhm...Carl?" My dad asks. I look up. "We're going to Woodbury, we're going to bring the rest of them here. We don't want those innocent people living with a psycho path." I nod. I understand that. "Hey, dad?" I ask him before he walks out. "I know Alex doesn't remember but..c-can I talk to her about our baby?" My dad sighs "She's already really confused, I wouldn't want to freak her out more than she already is." I nod.

My dad walks out of the prison with Daryl and Glenn. I'm left sitting on the table. "Carl, how are you?" Beth asks "I...I don't know."

I know nothing anymore.

"I think I'm just gonna go lay in my cell." I say getting up. As I'm walking to my cell, I look over at the cell Alex is in. She's talking to Hershal. I sigh as I walk up the stairs and into my cell. I plop on the bed. All I can think about is Alex. I'm going to try my best to get her to remember. I pull my half of the necklace from under my shirt and hold it tightly. Whatever it takes to make her remember! Whatever it takes.

Alex's Pov

"What's the last thing you remember?" The old man named Hershal asks me. "Well..um..uh" I begin "It's alright, take your time." I nod. "I remember..I was in t-the hospital, and some thing happened I'm not so sure what but there were gunshots. I was in a coma. My sister was trying to wake me...I heard her. But I guess my body wouldn't wake and she left." Hershal is quite "I-Is that where I am, sir?" He shakes his head, "No sweetie, your in a prison."

I freeze at his words. Did my sister finally cut the line?

"What did my sister do now?" I ask. Hershal looked confused. "I'm in a prison sir, obviously someone brought me here because I am her sister. What did she do?" I ask again, but no answer. "Did she finally get cought for drug trafficking?" His eyes went big and his mouth dropped a little. "Alex." He says "What else has your sister done?" He asks me. "Well, she did unspeakable things and since she was young, the police only made her spend the night in jail or do community service." I answer. Hershal nods and stands up. "Get some sleep and I'll talk to you when you wake up okay?" I nod as he closes the cell door.