Chapter 23 ~ Everything.Is.Okay

Alex's POV

It's been about four weeks and I'm almost fully recovered, almost as in I'm off bed rest but still have the stitches. As for Daryl..well he's recovered.

Me and Carl are dating now..yup..dating. Didn't think it would happen but here we are, sitting on the porch swing holding hands.

"How does your side feel?" He asks for a millionth time, "I'm fine no need to worry about me." He sighs "That's hard since you're always on my mind." I smile as he kisses me. "You know I love you." I giggle "Yeah..you know I love you too." He laughs "That was cheesy." I nod with a big smile. It was silent, only the birds chirping. "There's um word going around that Hershal has walkers in the barn."

The smile leaves my face as I try to comprehend what Carl just said. "Does the group know? Where's Rick?" I ask "The group knows, my dad is out helping Hershal with something." I don't reply. I just sink into my seat, taking my hand away from  Carl's. Obviously I'm worried and I think Carl knows that. "Hey,it's going to be okay." He says throwing his arm around my neck. It was peaceful.

But that didn't last long.

"Alex! Carl! Get  over here!" Shane storms in from the side of the house. I quickly stand up but I get pushed back by Carl in defense. "What you said about it being okay..that's bull shit!"

Now everyone that was in the house is out side screaming. I start to breath heavily and sweat like no tomorrow. I push my way from Carl and stand in front of the group. "Shane, it is okay...it's not going to be okay on it's own..we have to make it okay, in order to make it okay, we have to be okay."

"Enough with that bull shit, Alex!" Shane runs towards the barn. I'm the first one to follow him. "Here take a gun." He hands it to me me aggressively, I refuse to take it. Bad idea, I know. "Take it!" He screams pushing it hard on my stomach, which makes my side hurt. So I shout in pain.  Shane looks at me like I'm trash, "You gotta learn how to take pain you weak girl!" He takes his hand and punches my side. I fall to the ground in agony, now everyone is here including Rick and Hershal.  Carl rushes to my aid, "S-she's bleeding again!" He screams with tears running down his eyes.

"What kind of shit is this Rick!?" I move my eyes to a walker that he is holding and the last thing I'm thinking is why.  "Would a living, breathing person turn away from this!" Shane screams shooting the walker in the chest. "No! Why it still coming!?"

"That's enough!" Rich screams back. "Yeah man that is enough." Shane runs to the barn and starts smashing the lock "You wanna live! You gotta fight for it!"

That's all I heard and saw before I blacked out.

Carl's POV

Oh my gosh this is insane! I look down at Alex a-

"Mom, her eyes are closed!" I start to panic "Hershal taught you everything, take Alex in side and fix her up I trust you." I nod and pick her up. When I get to the house, I lay her on the bed and take her shirt off. I rip off the bandage, trying not to hurt her. Gun shots going off is making me wonder if every thing is okay...what am I saying I know it's not okay...shit I feel bad now cause I told Alex everything was going to be okay. 

I replaced the broken stich with a new one and got a new bandage. I placed the covers over her and kissed her forehead before running out.

I get to the barn and..oh,oh my gosh! I fall to my knees as Sofia stumbles out of the barn. All  my hope..gone. I cry as Carol cries for the lose of her daughter. I close my eyes when I hear a gun shot go off.

My friend is gone and my girlfriend is hurt.

I realized something today...it's not okay.

Never was.

Never will be.

_______________________________________

So I'm sorry about the crappy chapter!! I hope u at least like it... :-)

Please Vote and Comment!!

I don't care..I will take criticism anything that will help me...just please vote and comment :-)

Thanks and Love u all :-) <3

~ Madilyn