Chapter 16 ~ Love Is A Bullet To The Heart

Alex's POV

"Your lucky I saved your ass from Uncle John..he would have killed you!" I say getting ready for bed "Alex, what happened tonight...what you saw...stays between us okay?"  My sister pleads while laying down. I go and sit on her bed "Why did you do it?" Victoria sighs "Ever since mom and dad..died..I've made bad decisions...really bad decisions...I made this about me and I hate that! I'm going to regret this for the rest of my life and you know it! I let things get into my head and ruin our relationship...I'm really sorry."  My sister crys. "It didn't ruin our relationship...I love you and always will."

Victoria hugs me tight and i hug tighter "I love you too." She begins "What was the womans name...the one in the accident...the one I caused...the woman I killed what is her name?"  She asks "Victoria stop blaming yourself...stop okay!" I scream, she nods. I walk to my bed and lay down
"Amy Blake that's her name"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I wake up breathing heavily. I don't know why I am having dreams of my past. I just need to shake it off. I get up and realize it's about noon. I make my way out of the RV still in my pajamas.

"Look who's finally up!" Carl smirks "It's called beauty sleep" I reply "Well, looks like it worked." I smile and he laughs. I look up at the sky and the sun is beating down on my face making me sweat already.

"Your eyes look really beautiful in the sunlight." Carl comments. I look at him and smile. "So about la-" 

"Searching for Sofia now Alex get ready." Rick interrupts me.  "Talk later?" Carl asks "Yeah." He walks away.

I go and slip on my jeans and tanktop with my sweatshirt wrapped around and head out.

Carl's POV

It seems like every time we try to talk about things we get interrupted...when I said talk later...I mean we will talk later no doubt about it! I talk to Glenn about her all the time...recently he's been ignoring me and saying finding Sofia is our main priority right now...as much as I want to find Sofia..I really want to tell Alex how I feel.

We've been walking in the woods for hours now and we are losing daylight. I hope we wi-

Oh my gosh! A big dinging sound is coming from the distance! We may have hope left!

"Gotta be from a church!" Shane states "M-Maybe they rang the bells telling us they found Sofia." Carol says "Or she could be ringing them herself." My dad screams running off following the sound.

Alex's POV

The church had no steeple which means no bells which means no Sofia.

I stand there playing with the electricity box on the side of the church Daryl broke open. Maybe she's gone...I don't want to give up.

I slide my back down the wall and just sit there.

"It was me who lost you Lori, Me!" I quickly stand up and poke my head out the side.

"I lost you and Carl! I love that boy!...I love you!"'Shane complains "What ever happened was a mistake...he's back and you need to grasp that!" Lori runs into the church. Shane turns around and stares blankly at me. He places his hands on his head and walks away.

*****************************************

So the group split up. It's me, Carl, Shane, and Rick. Me and Shane are sitting on the church step while Carl and Rick are having a moment in the church.

I look at Shane and back at the ground. "What was that?" I ask "Excuse me?" He asks roughly "The thing with you and Lori?" Shane looked viciously at me and stood up.

"Look kid! I don't need to explain myself to a stupid little girl!"

"She ain't stupid!"  I turn and see Carl standing at the door. He winks at me and walks out "Don't talk to her like that!" He yells "Carl don't get into it!" Shane spats "Then get out of it!"

Carl just told him off! He stood up for me! How sweet!

Shane stands speechless. "What's the yelling for you can attract walkers." Rick  comes out. "Nothing, Rick." Rick nods "Let's get goin."

We walk into the woods...the search for Sofia continues.

*************************************

It's been awhile now and no sign of her.

Me and Carl have been giving each other glares once in awhile we never really had the chance to talk yet but I'm hoping to do that when we get back to the highway.

My thoughts were snapped and I got alert as the sound of rustling drew near.

Shane raised his gun but slowly put it down as a deer came into view .

I put my gun away and walked up to the beautiful creature...then it happened...a gun shot went off...but it wasn't me who got shot...it was

Carl.