Chapter 57 - Church

Alex's P.o.v.

My eyes flutter open to the sound of crying and someone shaking me. "Baby...you need to feed the baby he's crying." I sigh as I sit up. Carl places Grayson in my arms. I'm so tired right now I don't care who's watching. I pull up my shirt and take one breast out of my bra. Grayson latches on which fucking hurts like hell. I hear Carl laugh. "What?" I ask looking up at him. "Your so tired, your eyes are barely open." He laughs "You look so cute." I smile at his words. After awhile of feeding, I burped him and fixed myself. "Can you hand me Judiths blanket?" I ask.

Judith has gotten so big that she out grown almost everything. Carl hands me the blanket and I wrap Grayson in it. I craddle him in my arms and he quickly falls asleep. I look at Carl and laugh realizing he still doesn't have his shirt on. "What?" He asks laughing at me. "Your shirt...the one you wrapped Grayson in...you still don't have it on." I say. Carl looks down at his chest and laughs. "I didn't even notice." He goes through the diaper bag and puts it on. He smirks at me causing me to blush. I love him so much.

"We need to start moving." I hear Rick say. "To where exactly...I mean we have two babies here now. We need a plan." Sasha says. Rick sighs and puts his hand on his gun holster. "We're going to Washington, Eugene is a scientist. He knows what caused this."

I don't even know these people but I do know that's bullshit.

"What started this?" I ask. "That's classified." Eugene answers. I roll my eyes and try to stand, but it's kinda difficult. I'm still hurting. I feel a pair of hands grab my waist and pull me up. "Thank you." I say "Anything for you." Carl says smiling. I kiss his lips.

"Let's just pack up and go."

We decided not to argue with Rick and just pack.

"Are we ready to go?" Rick asks us. "Wait let me do something." I lay Grayson on his blanket and change his diaper. I wrap him back up and buckle him in his car seat. "Okay we're good." Everyone laughs. Carl grabs the car seat while I hold the diaper bag. "Let's go."

It's about twenty minuets into the walk. Grayson became squirmy and wanted to be held so I had to take him out of the car seat. He's asleep now in my arms. I love being a mother. Carl and I have waited so long for this and now we finally have it.

"Wait, do you hear that?" I ask. We stop and listen. There's screaming. I buckle Grayson in his car seat and we start running. We follow the screams and they lead us to a guy on top of a rock surrounded by three walkers. "Carl hand me your knife!" Carl reaches in his pocket and throws me the knife. I sink the sharp end into the walkers skull. It falls dead. The other two were taken down by Daryl. The guy slowly came down. He looked terrified. By the looks of us, I would be too. "T-Thank you." He says. "I-I have a Church, your all welcome." He tells us. He looks at Grayson and then at Judith who Carol is holding. "Cute babies." He smiles.

"How can we be sure that we can trust you?" Rick says stepping up. "Oh you can. " He says. Rick looks back at us then back at the guy.

He has a church, and he's dressed like a priest. So...he must be a priest.

"How many walkers have you killed?" Rick asks him. He shakes his head "None." Rick places his hand on his gun. "How many people have you killed?" The man shakes his head again. "None."

He's kidding right? I mean he has to be.

"Why?" Rick asks clearly taken back by his response. "God doesn't provoke violence."

We all just stand there staring at him. "You said you have a church?" I ask as Grayson starts to fuss. "Yes, right back here." The priest says. "Oh, I'm Father Gabriel." He tells us. I look at Rick and nod. "Take us to it."

.

.

.

.

We arrive at his Church. As we walk in Grayson starts crying harder. Carl puts his car seat down on the pue and takes him out. "He's clean..he must be hungry." Carl tells me. I nod and grab him. I sit down and put the blanket over my chest and pull up my shirt. I start to feed.

"That's cute." I look up and see Gabriel smiling. I smile back. He seems nice. "What's his name?" He asks "Grayson." I answer. "He's yours?" He asks pointing to Carl than me. I nod. He smiles.

After awhile I burped him and Carl rocked him back to sleep.

"You guys are cute together." I tell him. He looks at me and laughs. "We made a beautiful baby." Carl says. I sit down beside him and smile. "Yeah...we did." I lay my head on Carl's shoulder and admire our sleeping baby. "Do you think he'll be able to live a normal life...like we once did?" I ask. Carl sighs and kisses my head.

"I don't know baby...I don't know."