Chapter 48 - Days Gone Bye

Victoria's P.O.V.

It's been eight weeks, for eight weeks we walked. Waiting for the plan to be put into action. Waking got us far but we made sure to stay in the same area as the prison. We paused to take a break. I sat on the curb and cracked open a can of beans. The Governor went to try and find some more food, he wanted to go alone.

Yeah, I know stupid.

He finally came back after ten minutes. We then continued walking.

.

.

.

.

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into a month. We haven't heard from Michael. I'm starting to think he got sucked into their happy go luckly style of living. Its night now and we went into an apartment building to rest. We're searching rooms, we went from room to room. I go to open one door...

"Freeze!"

A woman about my age with short black hair opens the door before I could and sticks a gun in my face. "Who the hell are you!?" She yells "Brian." The Governor says.

That's not his name...his name is Philip.

"I-I'm..." I begin "I'm Tori." I lie.

There's a moment of silence before she brings us in. "I'm Tara." She says "That's Lilly, my sister." I look at the woman who waves. Then the little girl holding her hand waves. "And that's Megan, my niece. My dad is in the bedroom sleeping. If I see you trying to hurt them I swear to God I will kill you."

Damn.

"Come with me." Lilly says letting go of Megan's hand. We follow her into the apartment across from her.

We got settled. After a little while Tara brought us some food. When she left, that's when the walkie-talkie went off.

"It's a go."

I grab the talkie from the Governor's hand.

"It took you a month...a month to talk to Alex. Why?" I ask "Well, you see, she didn't remember anything, including her boyfriend, a-and...well, she's really hot. I followed her to the library and...I forced myself on her. I tried to have sex with her an-"

"Wait, she's like almost five months pregnant." I cut him off. "Apparently the baby died or something..." he says.

Alex was so happy about having a baby...No, Victoria you can't!, you can't get sucked into it, not again!

"Anyway, her boyfriend ran in and beat the shit out of me. Alex tried to stop him but he pushed her away. She hit a book shelf, right then and there she got her memory back. Reason why it took a month...was because her jackass boyfriend kept her away from me. Today, he finally left the prison and I got to talk to her."

"Good...Good Michael!...now all we have to do is find a base and people who are willing to fight. I'll speak to you later." The Governor says. I turn off the talkie. "We have to get out of here."

*Next day*

"He was a good man...a great father...and a wonderful grandfather." Lilly says holding a crying Megan. Lilly and Tara's dad died early this morning. The Governor still wants to leave but he cares about the little girl. I think she reminds him of Penny. So, he tried to save her grandfather.

After the funeral we all just stood there.

"We're leaving." The Governor says breaking the silence. Megan runs over and hugs him. "Then we'll go with you." Lilly decides.

Great! Just lovely! There's no way in hell that they will fight. Just like that they were done packing. The Governor started driving the truck that belonged to their dad, but that didn't last long.

"We're out of gas. Looks like we walk for now."

We started walking but soon started running. Biters started coming, at least about thirty. As we were running Tara fell and twisted her ankle, Lilly helped her. We thought all was well until the little girl stopped. After calling her name she ran to the Governor. He picked her up and ran. I grabbed her bag that she left and followed.

Lilly, Tara, and I ran into a field. We hear screams and Biters.

A guy with a gun approached.

"Holy shit."