chapter forty four

Mulai dari awal

ashton's silent for a minute before he responds, "how do you know so much about sugar daddies? should i be concerned about this?"

i laugh, "damn, did i forget to mention i have one? no but seriously, you never saw that movie on lifetime? it was weird as hell."

he shakes his head, "don't think i want to."

"good idea irwin, good idea."

"so whereabouts do you live?"

"corner of bedford and grove in greenwich village." i reply before realising he isn't from new york so he has no clue. "manhattan basically."

he nods then, finally understanding. "you live by yourself?"

"yeah, my parents are always kind of weird about it, but even if it is a place next door i like the independence of actually doing my own thing. do you have your own place?"

"nah, never really home enough to get myself somewhere to live so i basically still live at home with my mum and siblings even if it is only about a month a year."

i can hear the slight sadness in his tone as he says that so i think changing the subject would be a good thing to do right now. unless he wants to talk about it... i have no clue.

"so how long you guys here for?"

"uh.. five days i think? we have the show then good morning america a couple days after so i guess we're staying for a bit."

"wait, good morning america?! i never got tickets to that, are you actually kidding me?" i groan, hitting the steering wheel slightly with the palm of my hands. "looks like i'm gonna have to do some breaking and entering again."

"i'll get you- again?" he raises an eyebrow at me. "are you some kind of secret criminal?"

"not that secret, i'm known for my thug ways in these streets. so don't lower my street cred, k?" i stop at a red light and give him a teasing smile, one which he quickly gives me back.

"hey, i can be pretty street. i grew up in the west of sydney, do you know how many times i nearly got stabbed? it was tough, man."

i scoff, "pretty sure you just mixed aussie rap with an interview."

"still true though." he says as i start driving again.

"well while you can be all bad-ass, i'll tell you that i got caught breaking into my aunties apartment after she told me she left her keys inside and i'm the only one who was small enough to fit through the window near the fire escape. someone must have seen and called the cops but luckily things all got set straight in the end."

"why would you climb up a-," he pauses and pulls his phone out of his pocket, "calum wants to know if you- never mind."

"what?"

"doesn't matter."

"no, tell me." i whine, "its obviously a question for me you just said so."

"he's just trying to wind me up, don't worry about it. its dumb." he insists.

"fine, fine," i sigh. "we're hereee." i cheer, parking my car in the spot i just claim as mine now, nobody else uses it any more. they just know.

"that was quick." ashton comments, taking off his seatbelt.

i copy his actions, "yeah, when you're local you just learn the roads to take that wont get you stuck in a mile long traffic jam."

he makes a noise of understanding before going to open the door but i quickly grab a hold of his arm before he can do that, "okay so basically a lot of my family, related or not, live here so if they see us, run."

"run?"

"run. and i don't mean a small jog, i mean run like hell till they're no longer in sight." i tell him seriously.

he studies my face for a moment, probably deciding if i was joking before his eyes widen, "are they that bad?"

i nod, getting out of the car, ashton quickly doing the same.

"you have no idea." i mutter, staring up at the familiar apartment complex.

i walk over to him and hold my hand out in front of me, "shall we go inside?" i ask, putting on a british accent which he just laughs at and takes my hand in his.

"we shall." he replies, mimicking me making me grin like and idiot and pull him inside.

i'm just hoping we don't run into anyone on the way upstairs.