chapter forty three

(can i just say that as much as i hate to admit, this is what its like for 5sos at the airport, and people who are friends with them. these fan types aren't directed towards any of you as i'm sure you're all lovely but you know the fam has those people who are just rude as hell and only want a picture. and as i'm trying to be as realistic as a 5sos/friends fanfic where a fan becomes friends with 5sos can be (lols) i do want to point out these issues like how i previously stated with the ashton chapter about people assuming things about bryana and people being rude about her and calling ellie a groupie. but now that the deep shits out of the way, be free to the chapter and enjoy:] )

ellie's pov

i take a deep breath as i slam my car door shut. this is it.

i'm actually meeting ashton... guess he got his way, didn't he?

i tighten my jacket around myself as i feel a breeze hit me and i quickly make my way out of the car park and to the airport gate that he told me i should wait at. although, don't think he really needed to tell me when i can literally see herds of girls wearing band shirts walking in the same direction as i am.

i hold onto my car keys as i stupidly forgot to bring a bag with me, and start the mission of getting in front of about thirty girls who are already standing there.

"hey, excuse me?" i tap on one of the girls shoulders distracting her from a conversation about whether or not luke should die his hair brown or not (which he shouldn't).

"yeah?"

"is it okay if i step in front of you? i'm waiting for a friend i have to pick up and i don't think he'll see me from back here." i show her my car keys and give her a sheepish smile.

she stares at me for a moment, not even hiding the annoyance in her eyes as she debates it, "you're not here for 5sos and just trying to skip in front, are you?"

"um, like i said, here for a friend." i tell her, which is completely the truth by just avoiding her question slightly.

she shrugs, moving out the way and asking the girl in front of her to let me through as i was there for 'an actual pick-up' as she told her.

i smile at them both and make my way forward and resting my elbows on the railing.

i pull out my phone and see if i have anything from ashton but i don't see a thing, he must be landing or something.

hearing hushed whispers from behind me, i turn my head and see the girls friend hitting her in the ribs and pointing towards where i was stood and where the boys will be walking out of when their plane lands.

"you okay there?" i ask them with a raised eyebrow.

"yeah-um, is your name ellie by any chance?"

my eyes widen, "yeah..."

"told you!" she hissed to her friend before looking back at me, "are you meeting ashton here? are you leaving with them? are you actually a groupie? oh my god."

i furrow my eyebrows, "i'm not a groupie, literally how many times do i have to say that?" i huff, "yeah i'm meeting him here as friends." i tell them, emphasising the word friends.

"oh." she nods, "can you give him my twitter?"

by this point the girls around us are all staring and pulling out their phones and pointing them at me making me feel slightly uncomfortable but if i say anything, then they'll have it on camera.