chapter eighty one

HAPPY ALBUM DAY- SOUNDS GOOD FEELS GOOD IS OUT GO LISTEN

(be careful with broken home, it broke me)

michael's pov

"so ashton never come back last night?"

i look over at calum who was walking beside me and shook my head, "nope. guess him and ellie really did talk about things- or did more than talk."

calum snorts, "how come we're not getting any? i mean what does ashton have that we don't?"

"maybe girls really are more into drummers." i shrug. "oh god, did i really make a pun with that? normally i'm not ashamed but shit, that was bad."

he just laughs, "is she working today?" calum pauses, about to put his hand on the coffee shops door handle.

how would i know that?

i shrug, "what am i? ashton? how the hell would i know?" i push past him and walk inside, the little bell above the door chiming as we walked in.

around us were just people enjoying a coffee, no one would bother us in here i don't think. not that we minded most the time if fans wanted to talk or have a picture, but sometimes it is nice to just be able to have some time to ourselves.

the clanging sound of a tambourine hitting the floor made both me and calum wince, looking to the left where we see some blonde lady sitting by a window and tuning a guitar, completely ignoring the fact that she just dropped something.

shrugging, i head to the counter and eye the different coffees available. seriously, why can't i just get a normal coffee? does there really have to be so many different types?

"what can i get you guys?" a short blonde man asked from behind the counter.

"uh, can i get a dark italian espresso please?" i reply, still frowning slightly at the lack of normal options.

"and you?"

calum looks up from pulling money out of his pocket, "i'll take the same."

"it'll be ready in just a bit." the guy smiles making me smile back as both calum and i move over to the side to wait.

"there's no muffins left." calum frowns, "i'm so hungry." he groans.

"same and there's like a weird vibe in here." i shrug, "something doesn't feel right."

"weirdly enough, i get what you mean." calum replies slowly, looking around. "lets just go upstairs to ellie's after this, you know what room right?"

"think so, if not it doesn't hurt to ask her boss."

"this is a song i wrote in the shower this morning, i hope you enjoy it."

everyone looks over to the window by the door as the lady who dropped her tambourine speaks up and makes herself comfortable. "i'm in the shower and i'm writing this song-,"

"a shower song?" calum laughs from beside me, watching on as i am.

"hey, its got a nice rhythm." i try and defend her. she seems nice enough.

"stop me if you've heard it." she pauses singing before nodding her head, "my skin is soapy, and my hair is wet, and tegrin spelled backward is nirget-,"

i look back over at calum to see if he thinks we should start joining in as she gets more into it but i see him narrowing his eyes at a guy who seems to be starting to yell at the man who is- well was making our drinks.