epilogue

yoellieg: what i'm about to say is really personal, but i need to speak out. i can't be selfish when i know this may help people.. and all the advise i have for you starts here in new york.

imagne. john lennon. strawberry fields, central park. this place holds a very special place in my heart. my dad used to bring me to this exact spot whilst i was growing up, and even though he will never admit it, he gave me some pretty simple advice is what if felt at the time but now its the most meaningful advice i have ever received that i still hold close. what he always said to me was along the lines of "if you believe in yourself, just imagine how happy you'll be when you succeed. never give up no matter how hard things may seem, if you imagine something enough, it will happen if you have the faith in yourself." and of course yoko ono had her own meaning behind imagine, from the song she said that john lennon wished that there would be a time when all of us could feel happy.

i have lost that path so, so many times. but haven't we all? i had days where any ambitions or any thought of happiness just felt so hilariously out of reach and i wanted to give up and keep on living how i was, sad, lonely and reclusive. but through every dark time there is a glimmer of light, be it an opportunity or a person willingly trying to pull you out. they don't come often or enough, but they're always there and you just need to wait for the time to come. it could be a week, a month or even a year, but the time will come where you find something to hold in your heart just like some sappy quote from family or even one of your favourite song lyrics, keep holding onto them and let that motivate you to keep strong.

it's probably no secret now (thanks twitter!!) how i never finished high school, how i'm now not qualified enough to get into a good college 'cause not all of us are lucky enough to have trust funds to buy our education and have to rely on scholarships and free rides. but something amazing happened.

and thats thanks to my little glimmer of hope.

and that brings me to this.. i would like to publicly announce i am now interning alongside the brilliant @kelsey_zahn, for her to give me this opportunity means the world and i am so thankful.

so this is why i will be a little absent on instagram for a while.. i really want to concentrate and focus on my life for a while. i know a lot of you couldn't give a shit but i know theres a lot of people who strangely enough do support me and have helped through my fangirl times every time some hot guy posted a selfie that made me want to punch someone in the face.

i'm getting off topic.. but overall message here: always believe in yourself, in what you imagine. you never know whats around the corner.

p.s is sparta allowed on tour buses?? 🐱