chapter seventy eight

calum's pov

is it really necessary for me to even be involved in this? no. am i doing it so i can find out what's wrong? partially. but mainly, i'm fed up of seeing fans tagging me and the guys on posts with screenshots of what this scum-bag trace has said about ellie.

none of us have known her long, not as long as ashton at least. but we all like her, we all think she's a great girl who really does make ashton happy and that's something we all want for him, and ourselves one day.

so seeing them together just makes it real for us, showing that its possible. its actually possible for us all to find someone who likes us for who we are as people, not for the money and the reputations.

and the fact that something is starting to compromise their relationship before its even started just isn't okay with me.

it should be ellie initiating this conversation with ashton, but i know she wont. whatever this is, its clearly bothered her enough to the point where she's used to it. she doesn't want to do anything in the fear it will just get worse.

but i can see it's just getting worse when she does nothing.

taking a deep breath, i stand up from my bed and make my way out of mine and luke's room and over to where ashton and michael were staying and knock on the door loudly.

i hear feet pad across the carpet before smiling ashton opens the door, "you alright, mate?"

"who is it?" michael shouted, his voice muffled.

"its me," i shouted back, walking inside as ashton shut the door behind me.

michael shot up, "calum, you returned for me!"

"always, mike, always." i grinned at him before remembering what i came her for, "sorry to be a dick, but can i talk to ash for a minute?"

ashton gave me a questioning look whereas michael just looked pissed off, "you're seriously kicking me out of my- mine and ashton's room?"

"i wouldn't ask if it wasn't anything important, look, luke's up to something so why don't you go figure that out while i just talk to ashton quick. please?" i sigh, completely putting luke in it but that's a problem for another day.

"fine." he mutters, sulking out of the room and slamming the door shut.

"what's up with you?" ashton asks, taking a seat on the end of his bed.

i copy his actions but on michael's, turning so i could face him. "it's ellie." i deadpan.

his smile wavered slightly, "what? i thought you all liked her-,"

"we do." i quickly cut him off, "but something's happening and you really need to talk to her."

"what?" he asked, completely confused.

i sighed, pulling my phone out of my back pocket and unlocking it to get the screenshots of the posts i had seen before showing him. "this guy wont give her a break, i told her to talk to you but she didn't want to talk to anyone about it."

ashton's silent as he scrolls through the pictures, his face changing into a frown as he saw the things being said about her.

"i've never met someone so easy in my life, ellie geller green definitely takes the prize for whore of the century." he read out, his tone flat as he stared at the screen with disgust. "when you fail at life so hard you turn to fucking boys in bands-," he threw my phone behind him making my eyes widen as i watch it thankfully hit his pillow.

"i know you're pissed but my phones just the message man here." i try and joke but he sends me an aggravated look.

"who the fuck is this guy?" he asks angrily, standing up and starting to pace the room. "who the fuck does he think he is?"

i eye him cautiously as i'm pretty sure he is about to blow, if ashton's swearing directly about someone then you know he's mad.

shrugging i pick my phone back up and lock it quickly, "no clue. they must have known each other and something happened, i just don't know what and ellie keeps putting off telling you. she'll probably hate me for showing you but i'd rather that than this getting any worse."

ashton nods stiffly before sending me an appreciative look, "thanks, cal."

"no problem, now go over there and talk to her."

"but we have press stuff tomorrow we were told to stay-,"

"and what zoe doesn't know, wont hurt her." i quickly cut him off. "plus, if zoe knew the situation she'd be pushing you out of here herself." i added with a slight chuckle.

as soon as i said that he was quickly picking up his shoes and pulling them on leaving his shoelaces half tied up, "i'll be back later, tell the guys for me?"

i nodded sending him a small smile, "good luck, mate."

he sent me another brief smile before running out of the door as fast as he could to get to ellie, i just hope he can help her figure this all out.