chapter twenty two

ellie's pov

"after years of living in the city i assumed that if my friends and i ever got our fairytale endings, that would be the end of the story. but real life always has a twist."

i nodded along to my tv, the sex and the city movie playing on the screen while i ate another scoop of ice cream. "true stuff, carrie my queen. true stuff."

i had a slight obsession with sex and the city, both the show and the movies.

although lets be real. the movies have nothing on the show.

my phone buzzed from beside me, making me groan and pick it up, barely looking at it as i watched how carrie told another of her wise tales.

it vibrated again, making me actually have to look at this time and when i saw the contact name i immediately smiled.

me and ashton both gave each other our numbers, i was surprised when he actually gave me his but i feel like he knows i won't go leaking it to some weird 5sos exposed tumblr page or something, so i'm good.

ashton: ELLIEEEEEE

ashton: are you free?

i put some more ice cream in my mouth before typing back.

ellie: not really, meeting with my queens

ashton: your queens? haha

ellie: sex and the city queens, duh

ashton: oH so you are free then?

ellie: ....

ellie: yeS ok

ashton: good bc im gonna phone you anyway :))

i frowned at his reply, fighting the urge to smile. i don't bother replying since he said he's going to call me anyway so why waste more precious time when i could be watching sex and the city?

out of the corner of my eye i see sparta enter the room making me hold my ice cream closer as he approached, i don't trust that he'll try and stick his head in the tub while i'm not looking or something.

he may be cute, but i'm pretty sure he thinks he is either human or a dog... he eats everything.

'but we are alive, here in death valley-' i jumped as my ringtone blared through my phone, i aimlessly swiped to answer and tapped the speaker button, throwing my phone back on my bed.

"hello?" the familiar, well, slightly familiar australian voice spoke.

i cleared my throat a little, getting nervous for actually talking to him for the first time. "sup."

and of course i say sup. not a hi, not a hey, not a hello. but a sup.

"how's it going?"

i take another spoonful of ice cream and basically shove it in my mouth, "good, you?"

he laughs, "i'd be better if i didn't have to watch you shove ice cream in your face."

"ha ha, you can't even see me. i'm not even eating." i scoff, taking another bite.

"el... i can literally see you."

my eyes widen as i look around and i hear his laughter echo from my phone, making me put my ice cream to the side and grab my phone and instantly wanting to face palm.

"of course this is facetime, how did i not notice?" i groan.

"you were to busy watching sex and the city to even look, weren't you?"

i pout, "maybe."

i make myself more comfortable and hold my phone so that my face was actually properly in profile to the camera now and we could see each other. this is much better than him just watching me eat ice cream.

"so where are you in the world, irwin?" i smile, liking how easily i can talk to him as if this is just a real like instagram chat.

"uh, heading towards london i think. got three sold out nights at wembley arena, its insane." he grinned, pride in his tone making my smile wider.

"woah wembley? that's a big deal."

he shrugs, moving some hair out of his face. "i guess, but next aim is wembley stadium, thats something really iconic in itself."

"what you guys are doing right now is iconic in itself, first headline tour and already sold out more than half of it? damn, you guys need to like just step back for a minute and just actually look at what you achieved and-" i paused, puffing some air out of my mouth. "sorry... fan brain. i got carried away."

he just shook his head, a small smile on his lips as he stared at me, "no, no no don't be sorry that was really nice of you to say. thank you."

"no problem."

"ashton! we're stopping for lunch soon!" ashton looked behind him and nodded at the man behind him, sending him a thumbs up.

"i should go, i don't wanna get in the way-,"

"why's sparta eating your ice-cream?" he cut me off.

i turned to my side to see sparta with his head in the tub of my beloved sex and the city snack.

"sparta! baby, what are you doing! get out of there!" i shooed him off, putting the lid back on top as he scurried away.

probably back into the kitchen to eat his own food, never mind the fact he just ate mine.

i pick up my phone again, "ok, i'm good now. anyway as i was saying-,"

"you call your cat baby?" he asks me, starting to laugh.

"leave me alone! he basically is my baby, okay?"

"alright, alright." he raised his free hand in mock surrender, "will admit he's cute though."

"thank you!" i exclaimed, "even if you're allergic i swear you'll like him from far away."

"i'm sure i will," he chuckled before looking behind himself again and sighing, "okay, i'm sorry but i gotta go. talk later?"

i nodded, fighting back a yawn. "its cool, i'm getting tired anyway." i send him a small smile, "yeah, talk later, irwin."

"later, el."