chapter sixty seven

ellie's pov

@traceyboy: lmao expected it, once a whore always a whore

i threw my phone onto my bed and angrily tugged at my hair- my hair i just done nicely so i don't look like complete trash for good morning america.

how did they even find my instagram?

what the hell are they up to? what more could they even do to me?

i let out a frustrated groan and feel my eyes start to water making me mad at myself for letting them get to me. quickly picking up my phone i set my instagram onto private, that should handle it for now.

"ellie!"

hearing my front door slam open then shut and heavy feet making their way towards my door i quickly wipe my eyes and put my hands on my hips as my dad barges in.

"there's a thing called knocking for a reason."

he mimicked my position, "there's also a thing called honesty for a reason."

looking at him with a dejected look i just sigh, "and what am i not being honest about?"

"this ashton kid doesn't actually work at netflix, does he?"

"no dad, he's in a band and i'm about to go see his band perform at good morning america, i'm just so done with the day already and its only 8am so you can either just drop this or come with me or just leave me alone right now i honestly don't care. just don't have a go at me, i didn't want you to go all crazy protective dad on me-," my voice goes muffled as he pulls me into his chest and awkwardly patting my back. "kind of like that."

"what happened?"

"nothing happened."

"you've been crying." he sighs, "what happened?" he asks again slowly this time.

i duck out of his arms and go to pick up my bag at the other end of my room. "nothing i can't handle." i tell him, not really believing myself entirely but nevertheless i convince him and me a little.

"you said that last time." he calls out to me as i leave my room and start looking for my shoes.

"and look at me now? fine."

looking under the sofa i find one of the pair of pumps i was looking for and stand up again holding it for my dad to see, "can you see another of these anywhere?"

"in the kitchen?"

"oh yeah," i quickly put the one shoe on then run into the kitchen, "why did i even leave it in there?" i mutter to myself as i pick it up and pull it on.

bag, check.

shoes, check.

tickets.. not checked. calum's sister is meant to be meeting me outside to let me in with her.

"your little furry thing keeps trying to attack my legs!" my dad shrieks.

"he's not attacking you, he's loving you!" i rolled my eyes, walking back into my front room where sparta is rubbing his head on his legs. "he likes you."

"he can like me a little less, its not mutual." he says, picking him up and basically throwing him at me.

i hold sparta close as my dad dusts the fur off of his trouser leg, "i have to go to work looking like i walked through some kind of fur attack now."

i shrugged, "he could have attacked you like that thing mom bought once.. was that ever even a cat?" i mused.

he laughed, walking towards the door. "don't think so."

"i don't either, sparta however," i kissed the top of his head before putting him down and letting him run off, "is adorable and if you're mean to him i'm taking it personally."

picking my bag up i follow my dad out and lock the door behind me, "you sure you're okay?"

"yes, dad." i sighed, pulling my bag strap onto my shoulder.

"i've been in a few relationships," i coughed making him glare at me, "so you can always come to me if you need uh, advice?"

after nodding my head i sent him a look, "didn't you marry a lesbian once?"

"she wasn't a lesbian when we got married." he defended, "and you have a great older brother so it was a successful relationship!"

"great older brother?" i roll my eyes, "please, when was the last time i saw ben?"

he pursed his lips before subtly counting on his fingers, "okay but you know he's always there for you."

"just like emma." i muttered so he couldn't here. "okay great talk. i really have to go."

"fine." he sighs, "have a good time and we still expect to meet this ashton."

"you will," i promise, "he's coming over later to pick me up for dinner- with a big group of people." i add as he gives me a funny look.

"chandler and phoebe seem to like him so he can't be too bad," he shrugged.

"he's not bad at all." i laughed, giving him a quick hug. "have fun at work today."

"have fun with whatever you're doing and- wait don't you have work?"

"i uh, might have booked a couple days off, but i have double shifts next week." i groaned at the thought of the double shifts, i really regret making that decision.

my phone vibrated, i pulled it out quickly and saw i had a text from ashton asking how long i was gonna be.

"alright i really need to go."

"have fun!" my dad shouted to me as i quickly made my way downstairs.

good morning america here i come.