chapter fifty

(headphone warning for the video, turn your volume down or you will get pregnant and die. or go deaf)

ellie's pov

standing in the queue by myself really made me realise something. i need friends.

and not only that i need friends, but people really don't know how to stare at me subtly. i'm honestly thinking i have something on my face or my skirts ridden up at the back or there is something written on my face.

i subconsciously pull my phone out and quickly check my face and sure enough, there's nothing there.

me: ok so what do you do in a situation where lots of people are staring at you

ashton: you stare back and wave or you just ignore and hope for the best

me: that is terrible advice why am i asking you

ashton: cos u love me

me: bye

i look back up and a group of girls are still staring at me, so i reluctantly follow ashton's advice and send them a small wave and a smile which the must take as an invite to walk over to me.

"hi, sorry if this is like rude or anything but can we have a picture?" one of them asks shyly.

i look at them confused before slowly nodding my head, "sure... i guess?"

they all smile and stand around me, two of them on each side as i throw up a classic peace sign but from the corner of my eye i see them pulling faces as if they were bored? or even annoyed? i don't even know, but they don't look happy.

as the girl who was left behind to take the picture takes it they just walk off as if nothing had happened making me frown, "yeah, you're welcome." i mumble moving forward in the queue as it starts to move.

"that was weird." the girl in front of me laughed, making me look over at her and chuckle slightly nodding my head.

"it was.."

"you're ellie, right?" she asks smiling.

i nod again, "how'd you know that?"

"you're all over twitter as the 'mystery girl'." she nudged me, "basically famous in the fandom."

"considering i am in the fandom, i doubt it."

her eyes widened, "you are? do you have twitter i could totally follow you-,"

i smirked slightly, "i do but it's not to be shared, sorry."

she chuckled, sticking her hand out. "i'm lisa."

i shake her hand smiling, "nice to meet you."

we move forward in the queue and her friend sends me a small smile as we do so, maybe i wouldn't be so alone during this.

"where you sitting?"

i look back over at lisa, "uh block 108 i think."

she looks shocked for a second, "wow, i thought you'd have standing at the front or something."

"why would you think that?" i frown.

she just shakes her head mumbling something make me frown even more before moving forward.

"no reason." she finally breathes out, "you're from here right? we should hang out some time."

"uh... i don't know." i cringe slightly at my rudeness, "i'm pretty busy and-,"